{49} Trick or Treat, Smell My Blood

It was Halloween. It was the most bizarre day in my life. I hated everything related to it, and it wasn't simply my kind of day. I didn't want a costume, because I was already scary than some costumes which people could find. Yes, I didn't sleep because I dreamt of Crevan's abs and us kissing. Yes, I had bags under my eyes and I could hardly eat. Yes, I admit it, I liked Crevan and we were not even friends. The thought of Crevan made my thing jump a little but it went back to its normal self.

I sighed and pulled Eden closer to me. Eden only went out for trick and treating for candy, not the costume. My dad said that we were getting too old for the dress up and needed to stay home and watch sports with him. Eden didn't like the idea and said that he wanted to only go trick or treating for candy. But my mom said that he had to wear something scary to get more candy and he did.

He wore a Scream mask with the blood on the face, but it was a little too big for his face. So, he looked like he had no body and only a face as he walked floating around the streets. I laughed when he tripped and got his clothes a little dirty. He glared at me and kept walking. If you're thinking that it was pitch black and there was no one else walking past us, then you're wrong.

There were a lot of people walking past us, going from door to door, store to store, getting as much candy as they could get, while all I did was looking around to the different costumes that kids wear. It was kind of cool to see costumes that I've never seen before. It made me want to go back to being a little kid, who wore Power Rangers costume or Blue Clues, and people would walk past me smiling like a bunch of idiots or the girls would say "aww" when they see me, like if I was some kind of a lost puppy with big brown eyes.

As we were walking down the street to see if there were anymore houses or stores left to check, two guys popped out of nowhere in front of us and we could see their faces. One on the left had a hood, which he took off, and he had brown hair, brown eyes, and he had a creepy grin on his face.

The other boy on the right had a scary clown mask, which he took off, and he looked high, but he wasn't. He had brown eyes, dirty blond hair, and he kept licking his lips too much. I didn't have time for those fucktards. I wanted to get that over with and just go home and eat Eden's candy.

I glared at them and said "Fuck off. We only take candy from intelligent people who don’t rape kids."

They raised their eyebrows and grinned at each other. The one on the left said, "Looks like you know our plan. Grab the little guy and I'll grab this one."

He grabbed me and the one on the right grabbed Eden. Eden struggled and started screaming.

"Shut that kid up!" The one who grabbed me screamed. I started struggling and screaming, too, but no one came around to help us. The one who grabbed Eden slapped Eden across the face, making his head turn to the right. My eyes widen and I got pissed.

I stomped on the boy who grabbed me foot; he howled and quickly I turned around and punched him square on the face. He fell down, but there was a sickening sound. I heard a starch and a crack and then something dripping. Everyone froze.

I saw blood coming out of the guy’s mouth and around his head and his friend screamed "Streak!" I thought back to the accident we had. Glass cracked, screams irrupted, my head hitting something, my mom trying to grab me and Eden, dad trying to control the car, then- "Zayden!"

I gasped and turned around to see Eden frightened. His lips were quivering, and he was gripping his candy bag like someone was going to take it. "I-I-I want t-to go h-h-home."

I sighed slowly, trying to forget all that confusing flashbacks. I looked back at the guy who name I guessed was Streak, and looked at his friend who was gone. What a kind of friend would leave them?

I took out my phone and called the police. I didn't want to go near the guy but I had to. I crunched down and checked his pulse on his neck. Even though it was dark, there was a light pole next to us and I could see his eyes closed. His pulse was slow, but not faint. I got up, grabbed Eden's sweater sleeve, and pulled him away trying to distract him, too. As soon as he was awake enough, we ran to home. 

 ~~~~

I didn't answer my mom when she asked me how our trick or treating was. We looked at each other, shook our heads, and ran upstairs to our rooms. Was that kid going to be okay? Was he going to tell the cops that I'm the one who pushed him? Was he dead? Would he remember me when he see me next time and kick the shit out of me?

All those questions raced through my mind as I tried to go to sleep. I stared at the stars waited for sleep to claim me, but that didn't make me any sleepier. 

 ~~~~~

I don't know what woke me up, but I snapped my eyes opened to see the sunlight shining on my desk and the stars not glowing anymore. I sighed and sat up, scratching my hair. I looked around my room to find the ringing. I slammed my hand on my alarm clock but the ringing kept going. I looked at my phone and it was 7:23 in the morning. My phone was ringing and I grabbed it to answer it.

 "Hello?" I asked.

"Hello, I'm calling from the police department. You called yesterday about the boy who was bleeding," a man said on the phone. He sounded like he smoked too many cigarettes.

"Yes, I did. Is he okay?"

"Yes, he's fine, but he's in a coma and the doctor doesn’t think he'll ever wake up." My phone slipped through my fingers and my mind went blank. I put a boy in a coma and he might never wake up. That was the worst Halloween ever.