{26} Car Panic

What made me want to come back to Rhett's house? I don't know him and he's taking a stranger to his house and meeting his mom? Idiot. I can be a psycho killer, stalking him for 12 years, and now he finally talks me. Why the fuck did that come to my mind?

I think him and his mom thoughts are coming into my head and making them sound crazy. I shiver when I thought of the word crazy.

"Are you okay? Are you cold?" Rhett said. We stop on a red light and he looks at me.

I glare at him and said "No. Just keep driving." He look hurt by words and his face turns blank. He looks back at the road, his knuckles turning white. Did I make him mad? Why is he mad? I sigh and lean my head on the window. I look up the sky and the silence was killing me, but I didn't want Rhett to talk to me.

"Zayden, I want to be friends," Rhett said breaking the silence.

"You told me that already. What's new?" I snap. He just had to break the silence, didn't he? He's more annoying than I thought.

"Why are you always mad at me? What did I do to you to hate me?" He's voice sound deep and it was like he was trying to hold something. Now I'm pissed. Its not that he broke the silence, him taking me to his house, or meeting his mouth but something that I want to know now.

"Why are you so fucking nice to me? Why did you bring me to your house to meet your mother? Why do you want to be my friend so fucking bad? Is it because you feel sorry for me? If it is then, I don't need your sympathy." He didn't say anything and I think he got the hint. If he didn't I will show him a hint. Physically and emotional. I scoff and cross my arms.

Why hasn't he answered me? Is he ignoring me now? How idiotic can he get? The light turns green and he resumes driving but really fast. "Rhett, slow down," I said. He's going too fast and we might get in a car crash. I feel the car going fast and I look out the window. Blurry cars and lights, I can hardly see people walking.

"Rhett! You need to slow down before we get in a car crash!" I roar. He isn't listening or looking at me. Does he want to kill us? I'm not ready to die yet! I grip on the car door and my whole body was press on the passenger chair.

"Stop!" I roar and immediately the car stops. My body flings forward and I cough when my chest hits my seatbelt. Rhett is breathing hard and his hands were still on the wheel. We didn't say anything and my coughs and his breathing are the only sound.

"I'm so sorry, Zayden. I don't know what came over me," Rhett said turning to look at me and he grabs my arm softly. I shrug him off roughly and slap him across the face.

"What the fuck is your problem? Are you trying to kill us? I don't know what the fuck  is wrong with you but I want to go home now!"

 "But Zayden-"

I punch the car board and scream "Did I fucking stutter? I want to go home NOW!" He look frighten by my out burst, and he should be. I'm never this furious but he had to do something so stupid to make me slap and scream at him. He stares at me for a couple of seconds before grabbing the wheel and driving the car to my house. 

☼♀►

We finally get to my house and I sit in the car for a few seconds. I slowly take off my seat belt and grab my stuff. I open the door and I was about to get out of the car when someone grabs my arm.

"Look, I'm sorry I scared you. I never meant to scare you like that. Can you forgive me?" 

Can you forgive me? That's all you had to say? What about more of an apology than a weak ass sorry. I look at him and he looks scared and broken. My heart clenches and I didn't want him to be like that. It kind of pains me to see him like that but he deserves it.

"Rhett, can you do me a favor?" I said. He smiles a little bit and I knew what I was going to say would hurt him, "leave me alone." I yank my arm back and get out of car.

I slam his car door and walk to the front door. I take out my keys and put it in the locks. I hear the click and I open the door and slam it close. I lean my back on the door and slide down on the floor. My heart still hurts and I feel like a douche. I slam my elbow on the front door, ignoring the pain on my elbow going to my arm. What have I done to Rhett?