{14} Brothers

"Zayden, time for dinner!"

I jumped when I heard my mom's voice and I looked up to see Eden leaning on my door.

"What are you doing?" He asked, walking towards me.

I glared at him and closed my sketch pad. "Why do you care?"

He sighed and sat down on my bed next to me. Eden looked out the window and he looked like he was in deep thoughts. Eden only acted like that when there was a problem. Mostly in school because that was where the drama starts. He might be thirteen but he was the only smart kid in the 7th grade who wasn't failing any class while morons were playing around and doing stupid shit.

"Zayden," Eden said softly. I looked at him and he stared at the window. "Do you think dad still loves mom?"

I raised an eyebrow, completely baffled by his question. "What do you mean?"

He slowly looked at me and, for the first time, he looked sad and confused. "Did you meet Rachel yesterday?"

I wrinkled my nose and grabbed my sketch pad. "That woman? Yeah, but I don't like her."

Eden chuckled and nodded. "Me too but dad has to move on."

What was he talking about? Why did dad have to move on when dad loves mom? They love each other and I've seen them kiss, hug, do whatever they do. But dad has been distant or quiet towards her and us. I sometimes wondered what was going through that small head of his when he was married to a great woman.

Eden shook his head and stared out of the window again. "I bet you don't give a shit about what I say. You think I have a big mouth."

"Eden...is there something wrong?" I asked, changing the subject. Why was he telling me that? He should've been talking to mom because she was better doing at these kinds of things. He gulped and nodded his head. I open my sketch pad and tapped his shoulder. He quickly looked at me and I showed him my dead flower.

He took my sketch pad softly and stared at it with curious eyes. "Zayden you drew this?"

I frowned and said, "Yeah...do you like it?"

He looked at me quickly then back at my drawing. "O-of course! It looks amazing!"

I felt my lips twitch and Eden turned the page and he looked confused. Fuck. I forgot I drew a picture of--

"Zayden, who is this?"

Eden showed me the picture I drew and my lips twitched. I still couldn't believe I drew this. He was always on my mind, made me calm but he have a girlfriend whose name was Alexandrina. I glared at the picture of Rhett. How could he date her? Out of all the girls, he chose to date her. He must've been very stupid to date that girl.

"No one," I said coldly. Eden frowned and looked at Rhett. He gave me my sketch pad and got up from my bed.

"I think we should go downstairs," he said with a frown on his face. What was up with him? He would usually ask me questions when I didn't give him an answer.

"Eden, is something wrong? Who hurt you? What happened in school?" After I asked him that, his face went blank and he shook his head. I quickly got up and hugged him. He stiffened but then relaxed.

"I may be a douche but I'm your big brother. You can tell me anything, Eden," I said softly and hugged him tightly.

He nodded his head and wrapped his arms around me. I slowly let go and he had a small smile on his face. "Thank you, Zayden."

My frown deepened, not wanting to smile. "No problem."

"Zayden! Eden! Get down here!"

I jumped and bump my shoulder on Eden's shoulder. "I'll race you downstairs," I said with a small smirk.

He smirked back. "You're on."