Ghostbucks TM

.....
It's a real chapter this time

"Thank you, again, for letting us stay here, Frostbite."

Frostbite grinned and gave Maddie a thumbs up. "It was my pleasure. I heard you will be leaving shortly?"

Maddie nodded and looked back at the teens that were waiting for her. "That's right. We'll be going back home, but I have to ask a favor of you."

"How can I be of service to the great one's mother."

Maddie chuckled. "I have promised to adopt Danny's cousins as our own children, as you know, but we can't bring them home quite yet. They need a place to stay until we have our house ready for them. Besides, the humans will be waiting for us, we cannot go back with four more teens than before."

The ruler of Far Frozen smiled reassuringly. "We will be more than happy to have them here for as long as you need to get ready."

Maddie relaxed a bit, smiling. "Even their pets? One of the kids befriended an alicorn and, if I understood correctly, he was the previous steed of...." she stopped herself from saying 'evil', unsure of her views on ghosts now. "Of a ghost with questionable intentions."

Frostbite burst out laughing. "Amazing," he chuckled before composing himself. "No matter, if the steed is a friend, then we shall treat it like one. And do not worry, we are quite capable of handling one alicorn, be it powerful or not."

"Oh, I don't doubt that." Maddie glanced at Danny's clones, who were gniffling with each other and talking, sometimes stealing curious glances at her. "It's for them I'm worried."

Frostbite smiled. "Do not. They will be safe here."

Maddie smiled. "I don't know how much to thank you for everything."

"Let your mind be at peace. I have received enough appreciation than is required or acceptable."

Maddie laughed. "Alright then." She turned back to the kids, who's faces fell, knowing they wouldn't be seeing the Far Frozen for some time. "We'll be leaving then."

They said their goodbyes to the yetis and the clones, not forgetting the pets. Promises of meeting again were exchanged as well as many hugs. Everyone piled in the ship and waved from inside. All stacked on top of each other so they could steal a peek through the windows.

Danny felt a huge grin form on his face as he waved to his cousins. This hadn't been the first time he's had to say his goodbye with no knowledge as to when he would see them again. However, this time he knew he'd be seeing them soon enough. And everything would change, for the better.

The clones themselves knew this too and, as they stood by while the ship turned on and levitated above the ground, they couldn't wait until the next time they would see their new family.

Leroy howled and Blackjack had to be restrained as the Fenton Space Craft sped off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The ship was frozen in space, facing the single door a few meters in front of them.

They had been traveling the whole day, only having short breaks to streatch their legs, to get here. But now, no one moved as they stared at the closed bee-themed doors of the portal.

James shifted in his seat uncomfortably. "I'm sorry, but...why aren't we going in?" He asked Kim.

She, like he expected she would, knew the answer. "We can't just go out and tell everyone what we did here. We'd blow Danny's secret."

Melissa sighed and leaned back into her chair. "Well what are we going to tell them?"

Jack steered the ship away from the portal. "We should find a place to calmly come up with a story."