Fear me

Danny shuffled his feet and brushed his hair back selfconsciously. Sam hid her hands behind her back and Tucker whistled.

Jack inspected Danny. "Danny, is it true? Do you speak a ghost language?"

Danny kept his mouth shut. If he said anything in English now, the Ghost Gabber would react to him whether he talked in Ghost or Chinese.

Danny's mom heard the commotion and came over. "What is it, sweetie?"

Jack gestured at the Ghost Gabber. "Danny-boy knows Ghost."

She gasped and turned to the boy in question.

Danny chuckled uncertainly.

Thankfully, Tucker came to the rescue. "Ok yes. We do talk in Ghost. We learned it from the internet."

The parents frowned. "Why would you do that?"

Sam waved her hand as she past them. "Oh we were curious. And what better language to confuse other people than the ghost language."

Jack followed her with his eyes as she passed. She subtly hinted that the conversation was over. "You can learn a Ghost language from your computer?"

Tucker turned his back to them dismissively. "Of course. You can find everything on the internet."

The Fenton parents still looked slightly unsure but they moved away from the trio, accepting the excuse.

Sam returned to her friends with a wrist in her hand. It was a weapon she had just dug out of the pile as she had passed Jack and Maddie. "That went well"

Danny frowned. He looked at the teenagers testing out the new weapons. Richard was acting very suspicious as he slid something in his pants pocket but it didn't bother Danny as much. "We have to keep an eye on things that would go off around me so that I can avoid it," he whispered so the Ghost Gabber wouldn't pick up on his voice.

Valerie crossed her arms as she joined the group.

Tucker raised an eyebrow. "Danny, everything goes off around you." Valerie nodded.

The blue eyed boy shrugged. "Then I'll just have to avoid everything."

It seem he hadn't spoken quietly enough because somewhere was heard. "I'll just have to avoid everything. Fear me, you moron."

"Ha!" Andrew pointed  at the device still in Jack's hands. "Why did it go off now. Danny wasn't speaking in Ghost." He seemed to be trying to prove that Danny was a ghost.

Andrew frowned. There is something odd about this Danny Fenton. And he didn't like unsolved mysteries. So he tried to jump at whatever conclusion that came his way. Even if it was a pretty high jump.

Jack bit his lip. "It probably recognised Danny's voice from when he spoke in Ghost." He addressed the class. "Alright kids. Get your weapon of choice and let's get in the Fenton Space Craft."

The adolescents moved around and picked up their weapons. Jack picked up the rest and started walking to the ship. He glanced back at his son, who stood frozen in place. He must still be in shock that the Ghost Gabber reacted on him, Jack thought.

It was absurd, though. How many devices responded to Danny as if he was one of those scums. It eventually happened enough times that the Fenton parents started to notice. They couldn't be making the same mistake that lead to the weapon aiming at Danny over and over again. There had to be something else.