Don't halfass the job

Dedicated to The_cat_dragon
Happy birthday!!!

  Jack's knuckles were white from how tight he was holding on to the controllers of the ship. He was almost afraid to ask. "How is Danny?"

In the back all the students were huddled around something.

Right under the broken window and sprawled on the seats was Danny.

They couldn't see his face (thankfully). Only his back. And it was horrible.

The boy wasn't moving. His skin had lost all color and was wrinkled. His hair looked dry and hung from his head in chunks. No more whisps of energy could be seen leaving his body but he was slightly glowing.

But that wasn't the worst part. The worst part was that Danny flickered. He seemed to disappear briefly from time to time. As if his whole existence was being sucked out of him.

Deadly silence reigned.

Then Sam kneeled by him. She reached out to touch him but he flickered and her hand went right through. She looked shocked as a tear went down her face.

Tucker turned to Maddie in panic. "We need to get him out of here now!!"

Jack shouted from the cockpit: "We can't yet. We're still too close to the prison."

The humans were panicking. For all they knew, there could be a dead body right in front of them.

Mr. Lancer crouched down too and looked for a breath. The chest didn't move. His pained expression said it all.

Screams and yells were heard.

Sam sprung up. "There's still time. We just have to stop the filters now."

Kwan waved his hands around. "Maybe we can put him in an isolated box?"

Mikey turned to Maddie. "The thermos. Is it isolated."

Maddie's eyes lit up. "Who has the thermos."

Everyone frantically searched their bodies for the ghost cup.

Nathan held it up. "Here it is!!" He chucked it to Tucker who quickly opened it. He turned to Danny. "I hope this works," he muttered and directed the opening to the halfghost.

Sam looked on heartbroken as Danny's body slipped into the thermos easily.

Tucker capped it and made sure it was shut tight. "Alright where do we land."

Jack didn't respond. His eyes went left and right looking for a safe enough island. He wasn't about to make the same mistake twice.

The ship stayed in deadly silence as the ship flew around.

Tucker held the thermos tightly and close to his chest. Don't worry, dude. We'll get you fixed up.

Finally the ship slowed down. The humans waited with bathed breath as the machine 'landed' and stopped moving.

The door slid open as if in slow motion compared to the rush of students that got out.

Tucker landed on the grass and ran as far away from the evil vehicle.

The others ran after him not even bothering to close the ship. What ghost would steal it anyways.

Tucker kneeled on the ground and uncapped the thermos. He pressed the release button and a ray of light illuminated the dark place. Then it stopped and in its place lay the halfa.