The lovebirds

Real quick listen to me
This person has drawn Kim and James and it is so cool! So precious.
Mysterious_Ink_Slime
It's in their book on their profile if you want to check it out

Valerie put her hands on her hips as her eyes followed Danny walking towards the goth. She'd heard the fight from before and wondered how this would turn out.

Tucker appeared next to her. "This is a lot like how you and Sam used to fight." He grinned. "Glad he's making the right choice this time."

She rolled her eyes. "You mean I was the wrong one?"

"Well you did dump him."

"It would have worked out if I had known!!" She huffed. The shook her head. "It would've worked out," she mumbled to herself.

She halfturned to see Tucker wiggling his eyebrows at her. She pushed his face away. "No."

"Aw common, Val. Don't you want a little of this unique specimen."

"Unique is right. I've never seen such a stuck up, impulsive flirt."

He crossed his arms. "That's harsh, Valerie."

Danny jumped over a rock and side stepped a bush. "Hey Sam?" She didn't move. "You ok?"

She was standing at the edge of the island. Her arms wrapped around her chest. He stepped up next to her. "Sam?"

She was staring intensely at the 'horizon' of the Ghost Zone. She glanced at him and he caught the glazed expression she wore. "We need to talk."

He blinked but nodded. He plopped down and waited for her to do the same. When she didn't, he looked up at her.

She uncrossed her arms and sighed. "Danny....are we friends?"

He gaped at her for asking such a thing. She appeared sincere so he cleared his throat. "Of course we're friends, Sam. Did someone tell you we weren't? Was that why you were fighting with Melissa?" He frowned and tensed. If that girl had said anything....

Sam pursed her lips but shook her head. "No. It wasn't...like that. She just pointed out that....we were just friends."

Danny cocked his head. He stretched his arms behind him and leaned on them to get a better look at the girl. "What are you saying."

She twirled her hand in the air. Danny had never seen her so nervous. "It's just, we've been friends for how long? Thirteen...fourteen years? I don't remember a time before you and Tucker. I can't imagine a time without you. It's just impossible for me to think that for a few years I didn't even know you...both of you."

Danny pushed himself up as she talked. He inspected her face. Her eyes flew from one object to the other, looking everywhere but him.

He didn't know why she was getting so sentimental. "Yeah...me neither. Why- why are we talking about this?"

She licked her lips. Some of her black lipstick came off. "We know each other so well. We basically know everything about the other's life. We know how Tucker once had this one girlfriend but he dumped her because she was a vegan. We know that you had once stolen a vase as a kid and kept it in your closet ever since, terrified the police would get you. You know that I used to love chicken as a kid."

Danny smirked slightly but quickly swallowed it. He also knew her punches could crack his ribs. "You have also been with me at the accident. You've helped me. You've seen me at my weakest and strongest."

Sam nodded. She looked at him for the first time in their whole conversation. "You have also seen me at worst. When I was past crying and close to depression. I would have hit the bottom if you hadn't helped me up."