Cheery awakening

Danny ate his cereal in silence. His mother grabbed his empty cup and he looked up at her radiant face.

"More apple juice, sweety?" She asked while filling the cup. She handed it to him with a grin and went back to readying her husband's breakfast.

Jack ran into the kitchen, a grin splitting his face. "Morning!!"

Danny sighed. His parents had been as happy as can be since the government had given them permission. That had been a few months ago but now the time was nearing. His parents could take a few students to the Ghost Zone and teach them all about the 'monstrous beings'. This was the Fenton parents' life job. To study and analyze ghosts. And they were delighted to be able to teach others all about their research. Especially Jack, who was probably going to blabber the whole trip.

Jazz walked in while adjusting her headband in her fiery red hair. She sat down next to Danny and grabbed her food.

"Good morning"

"Hello, dear. You want some apple juice too?" Their mom poured the the liquid in a glass and passed it to a skeptical Jazz.

"You didn't even let me say no"

"I'm sorry, Jazz. I'm just so excited! We'll finally be able to teach kids our work. We'll show them our inventions and maybe we'll even show them how to fight one!" She turned to Danny. "Aren't you excited, Danny?"

Poor Danny jumped when he heard the part of fighting a ghost. It was bad enough they were going into the Ghost Zone, never mind deliberately looking for a ghost to fight. He huffed, annoyed. "I still don't understand why I have to go." He was going anyways. To keep them all save. But he didn't like this whole idea of his parents and friends and...other people going into the nest of his many enemies.

Maddie smiled and ruffled his hair gently. "Oh sweety. You'll get to see our job."

Jack turned to his son and spoke with a mouth full of fudge, spitting half of the stuff out, "It will be fun, son. We'll have more father-and-son bonding time!"

Danny made a face. "Except we'll be surrounded by my parents and other kids my age and I'll be brought down by peer pressure. Not to mention the hordes of ghosts floating around ready to tear our limbs apart."

Maddie scrunched her eyebrows. "Common, Danny. It won't be that bad. I still don't understand why Jasmine doesn't want to come."

Jazz snapped her head up, shocked. "Oh no. You are not pulling me into your crazy ghost business. I won't be scooped up with you and dad having to hear you blabber on about ghosts." She threw a simpathetic smile at her brother.

Danny shrugged. He understood. He stood up and grabbed his backpack. "Well, I better be getting to school. Bye!!"

"Bye, sweetie"

"Maddie, look. We could take the Ghost ray and the Ghost Gabber."

Danny shuddered as he was leaving the door and heard what his dad said. Great, now not only did he have to keep an eye on the humans and the other eye on the ghosts, he also had to keep his mouth shut and do it all mute. If he said anything, the Ghost Gabber would go off.

He sprinted to school. Ready to get away from all the giddiness in his home. He met with Tucker and they did a manly high-five.

"Where's Sam?"

Tucker shrugged. "Don't know. Why? You miss her?" He wiggled his eyebrows.

Danny rolled his eyes. "Just ready for some dark goth for a change. I've had enough of all the cheerfulness at my house"

Tucker pulled a face. "They still happy?"

"Now more than ever, dude."

Sam walked up and scrunched her nose. "Who's so happy and cheerful. Other than my parents"

Danny smiled. "My parents have joined the club"

Sam sighed. "Another two innocent souls have fallen prey to the doom of rainbow colors and forever sunshine"

Danny sniffed. "Innocent, my tail"

Tucker stood tall and proud. "My parents are normal, overprotective, depressive adults." He looked at Sam and Danny and cringed back. "Maybe it's a disease," he hissed and backed up. He pointed an accusing finger at his two best friends. "You better stay away from my family." He did the 'I'm watching you' gesture and walked to school. Danny and Sam followed, smiling. Danny felt much better now.

The trio stood before the bulletin board hanging of the wall at the entrance of the school. The teachers could always put their announcements here for students to read. Every year the school organized a field trip for each class between 6th grade and junior. They would hang a few papers with the name of a country on each. Then the students could sign their name on the paper of the country they wanted to visit.

This year they had placed a new paper. One to go to the famous Ghost Zone. The school had decided only students between Freshman and Junior could go here because it was too dangerous for thirteen-year-olds or younger.

This is how we find Danny banging his head on the wall next to the bulletin board, Tucker patting him reassuringly on the back, and a Ghost Zone paper looking black with all the signatures written on it. Someone had even ripped a page of his own notebook and glued it underneath the 'Ghost Zone' paper given that there wasn't any space on the first one anymore. That paper was also full.

Sam scowled. "Well, what did you expect, Danny? Who wouldn't want to go to the Ghost Zone?"

Tucker pointed at the other papers. "Those people"

Danny lifted his head off the wall to look at the other nearly blank papers. Nearly. One or two people were signed in for a trip to another country.

Danny leaned forward. "Who would want to go to." He squinted. "France or Bolivia... where the heck is that anyway."

Tucker raised his finger. "In South America."

Danny rolled his eyes. "Whatever, what would...Fransine want to do there?"

"Probably someone who knows what's best for her and wants to live longer." Sam said.

Danny made a face. "Or someone who has smart parents." Tucker snickered and elbowed his friend, who mumbled: "Unlike mine."

Sam scanned the list. "You guys put your names on this, right?"

"Yeah, of course. We can't let our poor Dannyboy go into the Ghost Zone alone" Tucker petted Danny's head and he scowled.

Before the black haired boy could make a snarky comment, Sam spoke up. "Look at this. Dash is going. Valerie too."

Danny leaned in to inspect the paper too. "They might not go. Although I doubt Dash won't be chosen. He's the star quarterback after all," he mocked.

The bell rang. Sam pulled at the boys' arms. "We'll see who is chosen later. Right now, we gotta get to class."

"Like I don't have more important stuff to do," Danny muttered.

Wassup, mah fellas.
Here is my first chappie to "Phantom trip"
I know there are many of these but i wanted to do something different.
So who do you want to be chosen? Cant be everyone in Dannys class. Thatd be too much of a coincidence. If you want, you can make a character up and ill put him/her in my book. Has to be before the next chapter. After that you can send me your ghost character or do u want me to stick with the originals. I will maybe change your character a bit but not too much.
Thank youuuuu.
Byeeee