Escape

Cute

   They hesitated when they had reached the living room.

"Which way?!" Kwan yelled.

"That way!!" Dash screamed and opened a random door and ran in.

Kim sprinted through an entrance in the corner. She wanted to leave the place as fast as possible. Sheldon followed. "This way!!"

The others ran after him. Dash stuck his head back out the door and followed.

They ran through the hallway and up the stairs. For a moment they heard the whirr of machines and as they reached the big cave, they saw the traps inside turning on. Soon it was all quiet but they knew the traps were up and ready.

"Whatch out, kids," Jack warned them. "The traps are on but we shouldn't worry. Most of them are for ghosts."

Danny paled. "But, uuuuuh. What about Leroy?"

Maddie turned back to her son, "Leroy?"

Danny gestured to the monster he was riding. Maddie made a face, "Just make sure that....Leroy....doesn't set off any traps. Be careful."

Valerie saw his nervous stance. "It will affect you too, right?"

Danny gulped and nodded. "Let's just run past them really fast before they can set off."

Sam frowned. "You know that is the most stupid thing you could do right now."

Danny leaned forward and held on tight to Leroy's fur. "You understimate me."

Tucker got close to the ghost.

The teenagers walked around the traps cautiously. Danny held Leroy back. He didn't want to set off any traps while the others were near. They could get hurt.

"You can't go very far and you know that, ghost child," a voice mocked them from the hallway. Danny heard a slight echo in the voice and it sounded deeper so he knew Skulker was back in his armour. "Just turn yourself in and I'll let the others go. They're not much use to me."

Danny stopped Leroy. Valerie saw this and looked at Danny in shock. "Danny, you can't possibly want to....." she was cut off when the halfa crouched. The others, driven in a panic when hearing the voice, threw caution out the window and sprinted to the speck of light at the other side.

Danny looked at the others intently. "Run," he murmured.

His friends hesitated.

"But Danny," Sam tried to reason with him. He flashed her a reassuring smile. She sighed and nodded. She trusted Danny to make the right choice. But if he made the wrong one, she would have to slap him.

She ran after the group. She picked up Mikey, who had been caught in a trap and was injured, on the way. Valerie went after her, glancing back every once in a while.

Danny waited. Skulker was really close now. The group was almost at the end. Jack was looking for him.

"Go!" He yelled and Leroy sprinted forward. Danny ducked deep into its thick skin. They bounded past traps, setting off almost every single one of them. He looked to one side and made a quick small shield to protect his monster from paralyzing darts.

The halfa felt something move behind him and a yelp. He turned around in shock. There was Tucker, hanging on the back tightly. Almost falling off. Danny reached out so his friend could get a better grip.

"What the heck are you doing?"

Tucker pulled himself up. "I'm staying with you, bro. You can't shake me off."