Virus more like BYErus

*chucks you the update
*runs away cuz I has tests and am afraid of the fangirls

Maddie and Jack entered the stables, inspecting the cattle closely. They passed by the two horses, that looked like they were about to collapse, and approached their son.

They crouched next to him and looked the cow over.

"How far have you gotten with it." Maddie asked Fenton without breaking her gaze with the animal.

"A lot actually." Fenton went over everything he had learned and slowly explained it to them, making sure he didn't forget anything. "All ghosts have a core," he started. His parents nodded, having already known this from their research. "It's kinda like the body's source of energy. It sends shocks to the rest or something..." he trailed off. "Anyway, they have ghostly DNA of some kind and only share a few of the human's organs. The intestines (I guess ghosts do have to eat) and the umm...you know..." He fiddled with his fingers and looked away, sheepish and uncomfortable.

Maddie smiled knowingly. "The reproductive organs?"

Fenton bit his lip and nodded. "Yeah. Those." He continued. "And there are these things in the head that look like strings and I think they control the body functions and such. But there was also a ball in the back. I don't know what that's for."

Jack cocked his head. Then he grinned. "Oh you mean the obsession."

Fenton blinked. "Wait. Is that where that happens?"

Jack nodded. "It has to be close to the brain because most things function depending on the obsession," he explained.

"Oh..." Fenton placed a hand on the back of his head. "How does it look on me? Do I have it too?" He glanced at his parents, who both looked unsure.

They exchanged looks and Maddie pursed her lips. "I'm not sure, sweetie. If you want, we can do some scans back home. They won't hurt. Similar to x-ray scans."

Fenton looked at her in thought for a second before nodding. "Alright. I'm curious about this. Anyway that's about all I have. What do you think."

Maddie felt sad that her son hesitated so much but pushed that away for now. "How far did you get with the cure?"

Fenton closed his eyes, trying to forget about Agafya. "I changed the DNA to clean it of the sickness. But it doesn't work because I can only cure so much at a time and the Eduqa travels too fast."

Jack nodded and let his chin rest on his palm, a thinking frown on his face. "We find a faster way to pulverize that nasty virus. And make it stay away."

Maddie looked up. "We need to make sure there's a constant source that counterattacks the sickness. Do ghosts have an immune system?"

She watched as Fenton stared at the cow's stomach for a minute with glazed eyes before he blinked and looked at them again. "I- I think so? There is something battling these things."

Jack narrowed his eyes. "Enforce the Immune system? Kill all the sick cells?" He threw his hands up. "What can we do?"

Fenton frowned deeply. He poked the cow with his finger, deep in thought. Suddenly, he gasped and sprang up. "I know!! I know what to do!!"

"What?" Jack held his hands as if to shake the answer out of the boy. "What is it, son?"

Fenton looked at them with a splitting grin and said one word. "Liver."

--------------$$$----------------------------------

A few hours later Fenton barged in the clinic with such optimism it gave the others hope. Until they heard what he said, that is.