Let's go home

Kim was led to the showers to clean of the slime. Then princess Dora offered the rest of the humans some time to clean up too and refresh themselves. They all took their time to shower and recover.

A few went to visit their friends in the medical wing and tell them about their little adventure and what happened to Aragon.

Danny was relieved to hear it had all turned out alright but he felt guilty he couldn't have been there to protect them. He told himself that he couldn't run after every single person that decides to have some action and gets in trouble with a ghost.

He looked at Kwan as the boy told Dash the whole story.

Danny sit up and crossed his legs under himself. He was regaining his strength quickly. He knew that under all that bandage his wounds were healing too. He didn't know how he would explain that. His parents would think the ghosts gave him something, which was the case, and would be suspiscious. He would have to keep the bandages on even after he was completely healed.

His dad walked in. He looked around at the ghosts resting in the beds. Finally he found what he was looking for. His son and his friends layed in the back. Danny was staring in front of himself, deep in thought. Jack stood next to him and waited for Danny to notice.

The halfa saw something big next to him. He glanced and was slightly surprised to see his father there with a concerned expression. "Dad?"

Jack smiled. "Hello, son. How ya holding up."

Danny tilted his head from side to side. "Better. I've slept a bit and I feel more rested."

"Good to hear it.

There was an awkward silence. Danny had the idea that the older Fenton wanted to say something but didn't know how to put it into words.

"So...." Jack said, trying to get on with it. "That ghost got you pretty good."

Danny played with the bandages around his palms. "Yeah," he said absently.

"Me and your mother have been talking." Jack paused. "Do you want to go home?"

Danny looked up in shock. "What?!"

Jack said the next words as if he had to force them out. "Your mother thinks the Ghost Zone might be too dangerous. Especially for you. You seem to be constantly targeted by ghosts."

Danny fidgeted. "Well, you know. It must be because I'm the son of the world's greatest ghost hunters."

Instead of Jack swelling up with pride at the statement as usual, it only brought him down. It was his fault his son was in the hospital now. He sighed. "So do you want to go back?"

Kwan and Dash heard this, along with a few other students that had come. "What?!"

"You're telling us to go back?!"

"No way am I going home"

"The adventure just started!!"

Danny gave a feeble shrug. If he accepted, his fellow peers would hate him for the rest of his life. If he didn't they could get into more danger. He bit his lip. Then he caught a glint in his father's eyes. He looked hopeful, but at the same time depressed. He didn't want to go, Danny realised. This has been the most successful in his career as a ghost hunter. Sure he hadn't caught a ghost yet but he had been so close to so many. And he and Danny's mother were so excited at all the information they were getting here. Danny had never seen them so in their element before.

And if he was completely honest, he was happy with the time he was having with his parents. They hadn't been so close in years.

"It's ok, dad. Let's keep going," he grimaced as he said those words. "Only a few more days, right?"