Goodbye Dora

Ha. Gotta love tucker.

Someone catcalled.

Kim stood in the doorway. Her hair was cut short. It hung just below her jawline. Her bangs were pushed to one side and held with a pin to reveal what was previously hidden by the long hair. And she looked awesome.

She fidgeted under the stares. "So...how do I look?"

Danny held up his thumb. "Nice, Kim"

"Really cool."

"Fits you."

She blushed at the compliments.

Maddie stood up and smiled. "Do you feel better?"

Kim nodded and Maddie copied her. "Alright then. Danny, how are Sam and Valerie holding up."

"Valerie can't walk on her foot without limping and Sam isn't allowed to stand up yet."

Maddie nodded. "Then we will spend the night here until they get better. We should be able to go by tommorrow after lunch."

The students dispersed. Many huddled around Dash to hear the whole story of how he beat the crap out of the ghost. Dash took the chance to full advantage.

Most girls gushed around Kim and showered her with compliments.

Danny and Tucker went to tell Sam the good news. They found her talking with Dora.

Valerie lay next to them awkwardly as the girls caught up with all the events.

"And then Danny refused to get in the stupid ship but I didn't know why then. Tucker and Sidney were trying to push him in and the idiot was just putting on a big show. The whole class was watching. So I just lean out the door and yell: There's a bathroom in here, you know!"

Dora laughed. "And they bought that?"

"Yes. So he finally got on the ship and he went straight to the bathroom. You should have seen their faces."

They laughed and Danny crossed his arms. "I'm right here you know."

Dora didn't look at him. "We know."

"Anyways." Tucker leaned against Valerie's bed. "Seems like we are staying here for the night until you two get better."

Sam's expression brightened.

Dora smiled. "I'll show your parents where they can sleep." And she left the room.

The four friends talked for the rest of the hour.

Then Melissa came running in. "There you are! I've been looking everywhere for you. We have a room and your mom said to find you." She spoke mostly to Danny, which left Tucker wondering if he should go too. He shrugged and followed the two out after waving goodbye to the girls.

They were led down a hallway and to a big room. Many beds were scattered across the space and the students lay sprawled on them. It looked like the hospital wing but without the nurses and looking less.....hospitaly. A few ghosts lay in different beds. Others wandered around. Danny guessed this was the staff's room, but this surely wasn't all of the staff?

Maddie saw them and beckoned them to her. "They're letting us sleep in the employers' beds. Many were sent to spend the night in a house in the town so that we have enough space. Even if this is a ghost house, we are guests here. So treat everything with care and don't break anything."

Tucker and Danny nodded absently. They hadn't been paying much attention but they weren't about to go around ripping the sheets in half.

Danny went to sit on an empty bed but Melissa stopped him. "I reserved a bed for you here." She pointed. "See, you sleep right next to my bed."