Meant To Be (Cas x Soul Mate Reader) REQUESTED

To some people I'm a somebody, to others I'm a nobody. In high school I was labeled as a nerd or freak. Possibly both. People thought just because my friends were being who they truly were then that meant we had to be picked on. It's just plain stupid. Just because someone has different color hair or doesn't hide who they truly are then why pick on them? They are only being who they are meant to be.

High school wasn't a big thing for me, it was kinda like jail. But you had to learn stuff. I hated it. Teachers called students names and so on. After graduation I moved over a couple states and changed my name for personal reasons. But today, today was the day I started my first job as a police officer. Only did the state know how skilled I truly was that was why they didn't question me when I asked for a job in the department.

I wanted to protect those who couldn't protect themselves. Easily enough it could be done when my father was a cop. He taught me a couple moves so I would be able to protect myself if someone attacked me. Fair enough it helped. A couple times durning high school. And last year when someone broke into the house and tried to kill me. Like someone paid them to take me out. My father quickly took that case after the break in and sent me a couple states over. Even if he did, we didn't know if the person hunting me down wouldn't follow.

Whoever was hired to assassinate me, did a poorly job. Since the only weapon they had were their fists. They rambled on and on about some kind of war between angels and demons. It was all a load of crap to me. Demons aren't real, if they were wouldn't I be able to spot one if they were? That's what I thought.

Nothing prepared me for what happened next.

Next, the robber began mumbling words in Latin. Some I knew-others I did not. But my friend Ryan; oddly enough he knew Latin; translated it into an exorcism. What kind of person breaks into a house-mumbles about angels and demons and then says pieces and parts of an exorcism? A crazy man that was for sure. Three weeks later, I am now in my new apartment.

Sitting in the middle of my room in a black chair, covered in claw marks from my cat skittles. He's black and white; the tip of his tail a teal like color. One eye is red while the other is blue. I'd leave the house in the morning and come back to a couch covered in claw marks. I gave up soon after. Only sighing at the animal's actions. He'd purr in delight and rubbed against my leg.

"Mornin'." Ryan greeted, a loud yawn leaving his mouth. His tan like skin shimmering from the sun light. Though his envious green eyes showed happiness and wealth. Did I forget to mention I was best friends with a billionaire? And a playboy. His ruff looking black hair standing up on his head, he leaned forward onto the marble counter top, "Ya' think you'll catch 'em today?"

"Don't remind me," I huffed, "He only thinks he can get away because he's cocky, like someone I know." My eyes made their way over to my friend. He chuckled sliding his hand across the cold countertop, slowly skimming it up my arm. Stopping at my cheek.

"Aye' Mate I think you need to watch yourself," He smiled warmly pinching my cheek, "You are on my property." I rolled my eyes tailing towards the back door.

"Please, Ryan," I said smirking, my head poked around the fridge corner, "You wouldn't kick me out in a thousand years. More or less hurt me." He wiggled his eyebrow raising a glass of milk in my direction. As I walked into the garage I heard a simple, 'Touché" come from inside the house. My hand ran down the exterior of the jet black Ferrari, taking in ever inch of its beautiful outline. Smiling, I hopped in the drivers seat and turned the key.

----------------------------->

As usual the office was empty, papers lying on desks. The occasional gust of wind sending them flying in the lonely air. As creepy as it sounded, I worked here. And I had to stay. My footsteps traced down the hall into the main office. Cameras Lined down the hall and every corner of each office. I fixed a messy stack of reports, then glanced up at a camera. It zoomed in then out and then in again. Then the weirdest thing happened, the lenses cracked. A high pitch noise rang to my ears. Every window in the office shattered into tiny knives. My hands covered my ears; the ground jumped up to embrace me.

It was like the building was shaking. An earthquake? No. I got to my feet once the noise subsided. An outline of a male danced across the wall. From where he was standing I noted; he was examining his surroundings. Obviously checking for any danger. Wore a long coat, maybe a trench coat? He rounded the corner still in the same gait. That's when his messy black hair, oceanic blue eyes and his posture told me he was unlike anyone else.

The look on his face said soldier. Built to withstand large quantities of heavy doing such as taking down a couple people. Or maybe a rescue mission. His crystal blue eyes said, hurt and betrayal. And love? His head slowly turned in a 45 degree angle. Those eyes skimming the perimeter. Could he be the one that was hunting me? No, that man had gray eyes and wore a blue sweater. Smelled of rotten eggs but that was pretty much it.

He took a couple steps forward then turned right down an isle, I watched his feet as he made his way around the room. What was he looking for? Or rather whom? That's when, a gust of wind hit the back of my neck. A hand grasped the back of my jacket softly pulling me to my feet. The floor pushed away from me as if saying we weren't friends anymore.

"Don't touch me," I threw a fist behind me, it felt like punching a cement wall. I yelped pressing my injured body part against my chest. The male's oceanic blue eyes reminded me of a lost puppy, as they made contact with mine. "What do you want, don't hurt me." He tilted his head approaching me, brushing his right hand over my injured fist.

"I was never meant to hurt you. I am sorry." He spoke softly, though his voice was gruff. No emotion. "You are (Y/N), correct?" I stumbled backwards onto my father' sold desk; bringing my knees up with me. He was suddenly gone, a hand pressed against my back. "Be careful I do not want you to harm yourself."

"Who the hell are you?" I gulped, he removed his hand. Lowering it to his side. A lustrous look crossed his face.

"I am Castiel, Angel of The Lord." Just then a bright flash of lightning filled the room. An outline of two monstrous wings shaded behind him. His face was stone cold like he wasn't even human.

"Angels. Aren't. Real." I gasped, "Either are demons." The so called Angel wrapped an arm around me pulling me off the table.

"Angels are real, so are demons. I was informed you already know of the incident going on between heaven and hell." Castiel questioned.

"Yeah," I threw my hand in the air then wiped my forehead, "A guy broke into my apartment a couple months ago. He was mumbling about angels and demons. I didn't believe him. Then he was saying stuff in Latin. It was an exorcism." His stone like expression didn't change.

"Did he speak of anything else? Like Winchesters? Or Crowley? Lucifer?" I jerked away from him stepping away a few feet.

"Lucifer? The devil?! What does this have to do with anything? Why do I need to know something about the devil?"

"That's good." He turned around in silence, leaving me questioning why I was trusting this so called angel. He may have showed me his wings but that didn't mean anything. He could still be the man that sent that other male to assassinate me.

"What's good?" I finally managed to ask. Castiel turned back around grabbing me by my arm.

"Then, he doesn't know we are soul mates." His crystal blue eyes crashed with mine-the room surrounding us disappeared. Fading into an old living room of some sort.

(Sorry guys haven't updated in a while, been busy with homework and stuff. Then got hooked on Arrow. I'm really sorry. Hoped you enjoyed.)