Chapter 127

Chapter 127

Caitlyn's POV

*One Week Later*

"Caitlyn! Test results are in!" My mom called. I was home from the hospital and adjusting to life with a newborn. Derek came to the hospital like he said he would and had the DNA test done. The test results finally came in and I was nervous. I knew Elijah belonged to Derek, I was just hoping this would put the whole issue that I've been dealing with for nine months to rest.

I've been out of school for about two weeks and won't return until the new semester begins. The week before I gave birth, I began having a tutor bring my work to my house and helping me with things I didn't understand. The good thing is that my teachers are beginning to wrap up the semester and are doing mid-term reviews so I'm spending this week studying for my mid-terms, which will also be administered at home while my tutor watches me. 

I knew the moment that I got pregnant, I was going to finish high school, no matter what. I expressed this to my parents and they agreed to help me while I finish my last semester of my senior year. I won't get to do everything all of the other seniors at my school are doing, but I'll finish and that's all I care about. I want to set an example for my son and show him that anything is possible if you set your mind to it. 

I sat down on the couch and opened the envelope, unfolding the paper that was inside.

"HA! DEREK IS THE FATHER!" I exclaimed, dropping the paper and jumping up, dancing around. Just then, there was a knock on the door. I went over and opened it to find Derek and his mom.

"Say it." Derek's mom said, shoving her son forward as he hung his head.

"I'm sorry I didn't believe you." He said quietly.

"We will get child support started as soon as possible." His mom said. "D-Do you mind if I see my grandson." She asked.

"Uh, sure. Mom, can you go get him?" I asked and she nodded, going upstairs. 

"What did you name him?" She asked.

"Elijah Chase."

"You gave him my last name, right?" Derek asked.

"Why would I? You wanted nothing to do with him. All you are is a sperm donor and a monthly check." I said as my mom showed up with Elijah and passed him off to Derek's mom.

"I want my son to have my last name."

"Oh, so now he's your son? I still have the text from last week when you said he wasn't yours."

"Okay, well now he is actually mine so I want to pass on my last name."

"I'll think about it." I sighed.

"That's all I ask." He said as his mom handed Elijah back to me.

"We should get going." She said as they walked away from the door. I fought the urge to slam the door and closed it gently.

"The fucking nerve of his ass demanding his last name to be passed on. Fuck him. I had to go through this pregnancy and the birth without him, and he doesn't get to step in now.Fuck that. He just needs to send money and leave me the hell alone." I ranted as I walked Elijah back up to my room. Why did I have to become a teenage mom?

************************************************************************

Should she give Elijah Derek's last name?

15 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER