Chapter 129: Caitlyn's Graduation

Caitlyn's POV

*Five Months Later*

I watched as my classmates walked the stage. It's all been leading up to this. Thirteen years of my life all coming down to this one moment. Graduation. I sat in the uncomfortable seat in the cold arena where the ceremony was being held. I played with a loose thread on my blue gown, the announcers only on the 'D' last names. I was excited to get this over with and see my son.

Finally, my row stood up and walked towards the stage. I waited in the line until I was right at the threshold.

"Caitlyn Audrey Longsworth." The teacher called my name and I started my walk across the stage. Pretty much everyone in the arena clapped, but my family was the loudest, cheering and clapping, being as annoying and obvious as possible.

I shook the person's hand who was giving out our diploma holders and continued across the stage, reaching my principle. I shook his hand and posed for a picture before continuing across. I got to the end of the stage and posed for a final picture before walking back to my seat. Once my entire row had made it back to their seats, we sat down and had to sit through the rest of the ceremony.

After everyone had walked the stage, we moved our tassels and were officially high school graduates. We exited the arena and I walked around, trying to find my family. 

"CAITLYN!" I heard screaming and turned to see my family jumping up and down. I smiled and rolled my eyes walking over to them. My dad stepped in front of everyone and hugged me tightly, lifting me off the ground.

"I'm so proud of you." My dad said, his voice cracking. 

"Thank you, I love you."

"I love you too." He said, putting me back down and letting me go. My brother was next, hugging me tightly. My family took turns hugging me until I was finally able to hold my son again.

"Hi Elijah!" I cooed, kissing his forehead. My mom began to take pictures, and since I have a lot of family, it took a long time. After we were done, we piled into our various cars and went to a restaurant to have lunch. Once we were all almost done with our food, I stood up and cleared my throat to get everyone's attention.

"I just wanted to say thank you to all of you for coming to support me and thank you for getting me to this point. Without each and every one of you, I never would have graduated high school. Whether it was taking care of Elijah, giving me advice or simply just being there for me, it was appreciated. I love you all and couldn't have asked for a better family." Everyone cheered and I sat back down.

***

At the end of the day, I leaned over Elijah's crib after putting his sleeping body into it.

"Good night Elijah. You're mom just graduated high school today. I did it because I wanted to set an example for you. To prove to you that you can do anything you set your mind to. No matter what. I love you and I'll see you in the morning." I blew a kiss at him and turned off the light, getting into my own bed and falling asleep.

*****************************************************************************

15 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER