Chapter 125

Chapter 125

Caitlyn's POV

*One Month Later*

I was in the adoption agency with my mom, filling out paperwork. The further I get into my pregnancy, the more uncomfortable I get. The office I was in wasn't making it any better. The seat was uncomfortable and very cold as I heard the loud whir of the air conditioner. I heard my mom's pen scribbling across the paper and the woman's fake nails clicking on the keys on the keyboard. I started tapping my foot, adding that to the mental list of noises that were currently driving me crazy.

I looked around the office at all the thank you cards in children's sloppy handwriting and pictures of kids with their adoptive families. I started to try to picture me in the delivery room, handing my son to some stranger, moments after birth. I tried to imagine him being raised by another family, other than my family and I. I tried, but I couldn't. This is my son and he belongs with me, dammit!

I stood up, put the paperwork on my chair and walked out of the office, tears streaming down my face. 

"Caitlyn?" I heard my mom call as I began to walk down the hallway. I heard her footsteps coming towards me and I walked faster, eventually breaking into a run as tears fell quicker down my face. I made it outside of the building and sat on the ground, leaning against the stone building. 

"Caitlyn, what happened?" My mom asked as she caught up to me outside.

"I can't do this."

"Well, isn't that why we're here?"

"No, I can't give this baby up for adoption. I can't live with myself knowing that my child is out there somewhere living with-with strangers!"

"Okay, but if we leave right now, you have made your final decision. You are locking in your answer. No more back and forth. You need to decide right now, are you going to give this baby up or keep it?"

"I want to keep it."

"Are you positive?"

"Yes, mom."

"Okay, let's go." She said, standing up and holding her hand out to me. I stood up with her help and we walked to the car. We drove home and I went up to my room and laid on my bed, hoping I made the right choice.

Camryn's POV

"You girls are home sooner than I expected. Is everything okay?" Chris asked as I walked into the bedroom. He was laying on the bed, watching TV.

"She changed her mind." I said, as I began to undress from the uncomfortable clothes I decided to wear today.

"Excuse me?"

"She's keeping the baby." I said, pulling comfier clothes from my closet and dressing myself again.

"What the fuck is wrong with that girl!"

"Don't worry, I told her if she changed her mind today, it was going to be the last time. So, she's keeping this baby, no matter what."

"Good. God, why do our kids end up like this."

"One more year until she's eighteen. We can do this." I said, crawling in bed next to him and kissing his lips. He kissed me back with a smile. "I love you."

"I love you too." He said.

********************************************************************

Do you think she made the right choice?

15 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER