Chapter 101

Chapter 101

Colton's POV

*One Month Later*

"I'm nervous." I said as Sarah and I sat in the car.

"Everything will be fine." She reassured me, grabbing my hand and rubbing her thumb across the top.

"Okay." I said and she smiled, pecking my lips. 

"Let's go." She said, getting out of the car. I turned it off and got out, closing the door and locking it. We walked up to the church and sat in the second row that was reserved for my family and I. 

People began to filter in and I stared at the ground, trying not to let my nerves get to me. I felt a tap on my shoulder to see my parents standing behind me, smiling. Caitlyn had already sat down.

"Hey, I'm glad you guys are here." I smiled, standing up and hugging them.

"We told you we'd be here to support you." My mom smiled.

"Well, take a seat. Things should be beginning soon." I said, sitting back down. Sarah's parents showed up and my entire family came as well. My grandparents, great-grandparents, cousins, aunts, uncles, we took up half of the left side of the church.

Service started and it took about thirty minutes to get to when my baptism was supposed to take place.

"Now, today is a very special day. We've got the baptism of Colton Brice Longsworth. I'd like Colton to come up please." I stood up and walked over to the baptismal font with Sarah, my parents and Caitlyn following me.

"I have spoken with Colton, and he is well prepared for this next step. This is not a decision to be made lightly, and he has taken it as such. From this day on, Colton will be a baptized member of the Christian faith. Jesus said "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age"." The pastor started before turning towards Sarah. "You are presenting Colton Longsworth for Baptism. During this ceremony, it is traditional for several simple questions to be asked: First, as a sponsor, are you a person of Faith?"

"Yes, I am." Sarah responded.

"Will you do your best to provide support to Colton in his faith and spiritual journey? If so, respond with: yes I will, with the help of God."  

"Yes, I will, with the help of God."

"Do you acknowledge this day that God's love is already at work inside Colton? If so, respond with: Yes, I do."  

"Yes, I do." She answered. Then, the pastor turned to the congregation.

"Do you the congregation, give your love and support to Colton Longsworth, wishing him all blessings this day? If so, respond with: We do, with the help of God."

"We do, with the help of God." The congregation responded.

"Colton Longsworth, may you come to know God within your heart and throughout your life express your highest potential." The pastor said, leading me over to the baptismal font. I hung my head over the sink full of water as he picked up the shell like item that was off to the side. "And, by the authority vested in me by the Church, I hereby baptize you, Colton Brice Longsworth in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, Amen." With each name, he dumped water on the front part of my head, lifting me back up and holding a towel at the back of my head so water didn't drip down my neck. He got his thumb wet and did the sign of the cross on my forehead as he said amen. I was allowed to dry my hair a bit so that it wasn't dripping wet. "As Jesus took people in his arms and blessed them, so now we ask God's blessing on this newest member of the faith. Please, join me in saying the Lord's prayer."

We all went back to our seats to continue the service. 

"I'm very proud of you." My mom said after church was over. 

"Thanks." I smiled. Sarah hugged me and kissed my cheek.

"Welcome to the family." Sarah's mom smiled, hugging me.

"Thank you." I said. A lot of the congregation came up to me, congratulating me. I think this was one of the best decisions I've made.

*************************************************************************

15 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER (NO SPAM)