Chapter 111: Apartment Hunting

Colton's POV

*One Month Later*

After getting some advice from different people, Amanda and Bryce decided to keep their baby. Their parents have agreed to help out so they can both go to college. I've finally got enough money saved to rent an apartment in Santa Monica and I'm excited. After I move into my apartment, I'm going to search the beach for a job. I've already enrolled for classes at Santa Monica College and I can feel my life coming together. I've brought Cassie along, hoping she'll move in with me. I won't be able to maintain a job, go to college and pay for rent all by myself so I need a roommate. I know we've only been dating for a few months but I truly love her and we've known each other for so long that I feel like it's okay to go kind of fast with our relationship.

"Hello, are you Colton?" The landlord asked.

"Yeah."

"Hi, I'm Stacey. So, you're looking for an apartment?"

"Yes ma'am. A two bedroom, two bath or a one bedroom, two bath." I told her.

"Well, I'll show you the one bedroom first and then we can decide if you still want to look at the two bedroom."

"Sounds good." I said as we followed her down the hallway. She unlocked a door that had a piece of paper taped to it that read "Sample". We walked in and I looked around. It was a decent size for the price I was going to be paying. It had a decent sized living room and a small kitchen with a bar separating the two.

"Now this apartment comes fully furnished..." She started to ramble off the perks about this place as I looked around. I walked down the hallway and was faced with two doors. I opened one to reveal a master bedroom with an attached bathroom. It was a nice sized bathroom and bedroom. I could totally see Cassie and I living here. I walked out and opened the next door to find a bathroom slightly smaller than the first bathroom. I walked back to where Cassie and the landlord were in the living room to see that she was still rambling on.

"What do you think Cassie?" I asked once the landlord stopped talking.

"It's nice." She said.

"Let's take a look at the second apartment, shall we?" She said as she opened the door for us. We walked out and she locked it as we made our way to the second floor and she unlocked another door.

This one was similar to the last one except everything was slightly bigger. Both the living room and kitchen were bigger, but it still had the same design with the bar separating the two. I walked down the hallway and noticed a closet big enough for a washer and dryer. I continued walking and came to the master bedroom which was about the same size as the last one. It still had the attached bathroom and looked pretty much the same. I walked out and went to the next room which was a bit smaller than the master bedroom. Right around the corner was another bathroom.

"What do you think Cassie?" I asked once I returned.

"It's definitely bigger than the last one."

"I think we're going to go look at some other apartments in the area but thank you so much." I said, shaking the landlords hand.

"No problem." She smiled as we walked out.

***

We spent the entire day apartment hunting, but I just wasn't getting the reaction from Cassie that I wanted.

"So, what do you think Cassie?" I asked after looking at yet another two bedroom, two bath.

"This is amazing!" She exclaimed with a smile. There's the reaction I was looking for.

"Well, how would you like to live here?" I asked.

"W-What?"

"Cassie, will you move in with me?"

"Oh Colton." She sighed. "No."

"W-What?"

"I'm about to go to school for nine months and I have to pay half of my tuition. I can't pay rent right now. I'm still living with my parents until I get a good job and get on my feet. Plus, Santa Monica is a little too far from North Hollywood for me to want to drive back and forth everyday. Also, we've only been dating for a few months, I think we should wait a bit longer before we move in together."

"I understand." I sighed. I then turned to the landlord.

"Do you mind if we go out to lunch and then come back? I want my friend to see this place so he can decide if he wants to room with me. It'll be about thirty minutes."

"That's fine." He said.

"Alright, we'll see you in a bit." I said as Casssie and I walked out of the apartment. We went back to my car and I called Brayden.

"Hello?"

"Hey, how would you like to room with me in Santa Monica?"

"Sure!"

"Alright, is there anyway you could get down here and take a look?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'll be right there." He said.

"Awesome!" I said as I gave him the address and hung up. Cassie and I decided on a place to go to lunch and ate there until Brayden arrived at the apartment complex. We went over and I met him in the parking lot. The three of us went to the office to talk to the landlord. He showed us the apartment again and Brayden loved it.

"We'll take it." I smiled.

*********************************************************************

Should Cassie have moved in with him or is he moving too fast?

15 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER (NO SPAM)