Chapter 103

Chapter 103

COLTON'S POV

"Hey Colton." Cassie said, standing in my doorway.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I asked as she walked further into my room. She walked over to me and gripped my face, kissing me. I kissed back before remembering Sarah and pushing her away. "What are you doing?"

"I love you Colton." She kissed me again and I kissed back, the two of us falling onto my bed.

***

I shot up, drenched in sweat and noticed my little friend had come to visit me.

"Fuck." I groaned, throwing back the covers. I went into the bathroom and stripped out of my clothes, turning on the shower. I got in and washed the sweat off, getting out about a minute later and wrapping a towel around my waist. I went back into my room and decided to get dressed for school. I didn't have to wake up for another hour, but there was no way I was getting back to sleep.

I slipped my earbuds into my ears and tried to do some homework, but I kept thinking of my dream. I need to stop.

***

It's been a week since that first dream, and I keep having it every single night. It was clear to me that I had some shit to settle with Cassie and I couldn't do it while I was dating Sarah. I went over to her house and knocked on her door.

"Hey Colton, Sarah's in her room." Sarah's mom said.

"Thanks." I said, beginning to walk up the stairs. I turned the corner to her room and stood in the doorway since the door was open. I smiled as she sat at her desk with her back to me. She was furiously doing homework, earbuds in her ears.

I knocked on the door frame and she turned, smiling when she saw me.

"Colton!" She exclaimed, jumping up and running to me. She wrapped her arms around me and hugged me tightly. I hugged her a little tighter than normal, knowing what I was about to do was going to break her. She deserves so much more than an asshole who has feelings for his best friend. Don't get me wrong, I still love Sarah, I just can't deal with all this shit when I'm in a relationship.

"Hey." I said as we let go and I walked further into her room. I sat on her bed and she sat in her desk chair, pulling it up to the bed. 

"So, what's up? Why are you here?" She asked.

"I just wanted to hang out with you. I wanted to cuddle."

"Alright." She giggled as I laid down. She got next to me and I pulled her close, resting my chin on top of her head. I just wanted to do this one last time. I needed this. After about thirty minutes of solid cuddling, I let out a sigh.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"We need to talk." I said, sitting up. She sat up with a worried look on her face.

"What?" She asked, her voice starting to break. Fuck, this is going to be harder than I thought.

"W-We need to break up." I said, tears rolling down my cheeks.

"What!" She exclaimed.

"Or at least take a break." I said.

"W-Why?"

"I-I'm not going to lie to you. For the past week, I've been having dreams that I'm kissing my best friend, Cassie. I've tried distancing myself, but they're not going away. I think the best thing I can do, that's fair for both of us, is go on a break with you and figure my shit out. I really don't think I can deal with this while being in a relationship. I still love you so much and this is the last thing I want to do, but I can't think of anything else."

"I-I understand. T-Thank you for telling me the truth."

"Even if we don't end up getting back together, I want to try to remain friends. You are my only religious friend and I need you to stay on this path. Please, Sarah, don't leave me." I begged.

"I hope we can remain friends, but I need to just be apart from you for a while."

"I understand, one more hug?" I asked, standing up and she nodded. She stood up and we hugged each other tightly.

"See ya." I said as we pulled apart.

"Bye." She said, wiping tears off her cheeks. I quickly left her house and drove back home. Fuck.

***

The next day at school, I walked into the building, determined to sort things out with Cassie. I walked to her locker and saw her standing by it, making out with some other guy. You've got to be fucking kidding me. I stormed off and walked out of the building. I hid in the woods behind school, not in the mood to see her face today.

Once school let out, I drove back home and opened the door to find angry parents, standing in the entryway with their arms crossed over their chests.

"Fuck." I sighed, dropping my backpack and closing the door with my foot.

"We got a call from the school that said you didn't show up today." My mom said.

"Look, I can explain."

"You better start mister." My dad said, snatching my keys from my hand.

"I broke up with Sarah because I've been having dreams that I'm in love with Cassie. I showed up at school to see Cassie swapping spit with some other asshole, so I ran. I just couldn't handle school today. I'm sorry."

"Well..." My dad started, starting to hand my keys back to me.

"You're grounded from the car for a day." My mom said.

"Okay." I sighed, walking up the stairs.

This. Fucking. Sucks.

*************************************************************************

15 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER (NO SPAM)