Chapter 95

Chapter 95

Jessica's POV

*One Week Later*

"Andy, where are you taking me?" I asked. Andy had blindfolded me and shoved me into the car. We had been driving for about thirty minutes now.

"I told you it's a surprise!"

"Ugh, you know I hate surprises." I groaned. I had taken a short nap, the effects of the radiation really starting to hit me as the weeks went on. Now, I was awake and bugging him.

"We're almost there, just calm down." He patted my thigh and that finally shut me up. Suddenly, we stopped and he turned off the car. I heard his car door slam and then mine opened. He unbuckled my seat belt and helped me out. It was pretty quiet wherever we were and there was a slight breeze. It was a really nice day. Andy started leading me somewhere and I started to get really anxious.

"Here we are!" Andy announced as he removed my blindfold. I looked in front of me to see a large basket with a balloon attached to it. My jaw dropped. "I noticed one of the things on your bucket list was ride in a hot air balloon."

"Andy!" I exclaimed, hugging him tightly. "I love you so much."

"I love you too." He said and I pecked his lips. I turned my attention back towards the operator.

"Ma'am." He smiled, holding out his hand. I took it and he helped me into the basket. Andy got in behind me and finally the man. He inflated the balloon and we slowly rose off the ground. I watched as the green grass got further and further away, the few people that were in the area started to look like ants the higher we got. 

"Andy, this is so cool!" I exclaimed as we got to our maximum height. He grabbed my hand and smiled at me.

"I told you I would help you with your list."

"Thank you." I smiled, hugging him and kissing him. In that moment, it felt like everything was right in the world. I wasn't dying, I wasn't sick, we were just enjoying each other's company, living life together. 

After a while, we returned to the earth and the operator hopped out, helping me out of the basket. Andy got out and we went back to our car, thanking the man.

Colton's POV

I had taken Sarah out to lunch one day after church.

"Sarah, I think I want to get baptized."

"Really?"

"Yes, I want to accept Jesus Christ as my savior and I want to become his son. You've opened my eyes Sarah and I will be forever grateful."

"That's awesome Colton!" She stood up and went over to my side, hugging me. "I'm so happy for you." She sat back down and took another bite of food. "I'll talk to my Pastor and get you all set up with classes."

"Classes?"

"Well yeah, you kind of have to know what you're getting yourself into before you commit. Don't worry, I'll take them with you." She smiled, placing her hand on top of mine.

"Thanks." I smiled.

*****************************************************************************

15 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER (NO SPAM)