Chapter 24: And My Heart Is A Runaway Paper

Colton's POV

"Are you sure they're going to like me?" Brayden asked as we got out of the lunch line.

"I'm sure." I said, leading him over to my regular table.

"Colton!" My friends exclaimed.

"Hey." I smiled.

"Who's this?" Bryce asked.

"You remember when I was telling you about Brayden, the kid who used to be my best friend."

"Yeah." Amanda said.

"Well...this is him. We made up over the break."

"So, he's good now?" Cassie asked.

"Yup, he's dropped the poison and he's back to the kid I knew a few months ago." I smiled, setting my tray down and sitting down, Brayden sitting down next to me.

"Brayden, this is Cassie, Amanda and Bryce."

"Nice to meet you. Nice to have another guy in the group." Bryce laughed.

"Damn, now we're out numbered." Cassie said.

"Now we need another girl."

"No!" Bryce and I said at the same time and laughed.

***

I sat next to Brayden in our next class we had together and we had a few minutes to talk before the bell rang.

"So, how do you like them?" I asked.

"They're cool, I just don't know how they feel about me yet."

"It may take a while for them to warm up to you, but I did paint a pretty nasty picture of you in their head. Sorry."

"It's good man, I was horrible. But, I promise never to act like that again."

"Good." I laughed.

*************************************************************************************

Sorry it was short and sucked.

NO IDEAS!

15 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER (NO SPAM)