Chapter 133: Keep. Sell.

Andy's POV

*One Week Later*

I moped around for about a week. I ate a few bites of some food, went to the bathroom when I needed to, but otherwise I just laid in my dark room. Three days after the funeral, Brandon began calling me everyday, to check up on me. I wish I hadn't had such a huge breakdown when Harley died because now he's super worried about me.

I am grateful that, unlike last time, I don't have a job to return to or people to rely on to heal faster than I'm ready.

Today, I woke up and decided I wasn't going to be sad anymore. Shortly after her death, Jessica's family came by to collect the stuff that either they wanted or was left to them in her will. They left me with a few mementos, but other than that all that was left was mine or Harley's stuff that I didn't throw away for sentimental value.

I got out of bed and walked to the bathroom, taking a shower for the first time since the funeral. I took an hour shower, it felt so nice. I got out and put on clean sweatpants. I left my room and went upstairs, pulling the string on the ceiling that opened the attic door. I pulled the ladder down and climbed up. I began to go through all of the items, putting them into two piles. Keep and sell. I was about three hours into cleaning when I heard a voice ring through the house.

"DAD!" I heard Brandon yell. "I know you're here! Your car is in the driveway!"

"In the attic!" I called, hoping they would hear me. Suddenly, I heard footsteps on the stairs and heard the old ladder into the attic creaking.

"What are you doing up here?" Brandon asked as my three kids crawled into the attic.

"I'm cleaning. Sorting. Coping." I said, going back to what I was doing.

"Wow, I didn't realize how messy it had gotten up here." Brandon said.

"I haven't been up here since your mother's death." I said, continuing to sort through boxes.

"Well, you weren't answering your phone, so we were concerned."

"Well, as you can see, I'm fine. I'm out of my room and I'm showered. I am perfectly okay. You don't need to keep worrying about me. I'm a grown man and I'm coping with the loss of my wife in my own way."

"We just wanted to make sure you were okay." Blade said.

"Guys, please stop worrying about me. Worry about your kids, their kids, your spouses, but please don't worry about me. That is not your job. I love you guys, but please go back to your families. I will reach out when I'm ready."

"I love you too daddy." Bailey said, hugging me. They each hugged me before leaving. I continued cleaning out the attic until everything was sorted. I organized everything in the keep pile so that the attic didn't look so cluttered and brought everything that was in the sell pile down to the living room. Next, I went through the garage and did the same thing, organizing the keep pile items and bringing the sell pile to the living room. I did that throughout the whole house until everything was sorted.

I'm ready.

***********************************************************************

What do you think Andy is doing?