Chapter 137

Chapter 137

Brandon's POV

*The Next Day*

"Okay, that didn't work, what's next?" Blade asked as she paced around her living room. Bailey and I sat on the couch. 

"I think we should stop." I said.

"What?" Blade asked.

"I think we should let dad sell the house." I told them.

"What? Why?" Bailey asked in shock.

"What dad said to me yesterday really got to me. He's trying to move on and we're preventing him from doing that. I don't think it's right. You guys can continue to try, but I'm out."

"But we need you if this is going to work."

"Then it's not going to work, because you don't have me. I want dad to have a happy life. I don't want him to be depressed his whole life. If this is what he feels like he needs to do, then it's what he needs to do. I don't see why we should stop him."

"Brandon that's our childhood home. We can't just let it slip away from us."

"We can, Blade. We're adults. We don't need to cling onto a building to be happy. We have our memories, dad saved mementos and we have our own fucking houses. If Gabe died and you tried to sell the house to be happy and your kids tried to stop you, how would you feel?" I asked. "How about you Bailey?" They both were silent. "I don't care what you guys think. I'm going over to dad's and apologizing. You guys are free to join me or continue sabotaging his happiness. I don't give a fuck anymore." I said, standing up and walking out the front door.

I got in my car and drove over to my dad's house. I sat in the car and took a few deep breaths before getting out. I heard another car door close and said Bailey and Blade walking up.

"What-"

"You're right Brandon. We've come to apologize too."

"Good." I said as the three of us walked up to the door. I took another deep breath and knocked on the door. A few seconds later, my dad opened it up.

"Oh." He sighed.

"Dont worry dad, we came to apologize." I said.

"Oh really? Well come in then." He said, opening the door wider. The three of us walked in and followed him to the living room. It was weird being in here. A lot of things were in boxes and the house just looked so...empty. The three of us sat down in the living room, my dad's arms crossed in front of him.

"Look, we're sorry. No, I'm sorry. I'm sorry I've given you a hard time about moving. I'm sorry I tried to sabotage you selling the house. I'm sorry for everything I've done and I want you to forgive me."

"I'm so sorry dad." Blade spoke up.

"Yeah daddy, I'm so sorry." Bailey said in her quiet, little kid voice that comes out when our dad is mad at us.

"I forgive you guys. I understand where you're coming from. I mean, this is where you grew up. I get that. But sometimes, you just have to let go. I hope you guys understand where I'm coming from on this."

"We do dad, and we're so sorry. We want you to do whatever you need to do to move on and live a happy life." Blade said.

"So, you're sure that you will be okay if I sell this house?"

"Yes daddy, we just want you to be happy." Bailey said.

"Okay. Group hug." He said, opening his arms wide. The three of us got up and walked over to him, hugging him tightly. He wrapped his long arms around the three of us, holding us tight. We broke apart and talked with him a bit more leaving. 

I got in my car and took a deep breath as I turned it on. I looked at the house that was filled with so many memories and felt a tear fall down my cheek.

I'm going to miss that house.

************************************************************************

Y'ALL, I SAW AMERICAN SATAN TODAY AND IT IS SO GOOD. GO SEE IT.

15 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER