Chapter 93: Radiation

Jessica's POV

*One Week Later*

"Jessica Biersack." Andy and I stood up, following the nurse down the hall. We walked into the radiation room.

"Hey Jessica!" Stephanie smiled, walking up to us.

"Hey." I said, my heart beating a million miles a minute. Today was my first radiation treatment and I was so scared.

"Andy, just to let you know, during her treatments, we're going to ask that you stay in the waiting room."

"Understandable, can I just stay here until you guys start treatment?"

"Of course." She smiled. 

"Alright Jessica, there's a bathroom right around the corner, I'm going to need you to change into this gown." Stephanie said, handing a hospital gown to me. I nodded and walked out of the room, finding the bathroom and locking the door behind me. I stripped of my clothes and put the gown on. I walked back into the room, my clothes balled in my hand. "Here's a bag for your clothes." She said, handing me a bag. I put my clothes in them and handed the bag to Andy.

"Can I get you to lie on the table and we'll set everything up?" I nodded and walked over to the table, laying down. Stephanie and a nurse attached the net that held my head in place to the bed and they started positioning the machine.

"Jessica, babe, I'll be in the waiting room, okay my love?" I shifted my eyes and saw Andy walking up to me. He grabbed my hand and kissed it.

"O-Okay." I said. This was suddenly all so surreal. Andy was leaving and I was about to get hit with a beam of radiation. I was going to be all alone for this which probably made it worse. A tear fell down my cheek.

"What kind of shows do you like?" A nurse asked me as she moved a TV into my path of sight. I settled on a TV show and they set up a few more things before the room cleared out.

"If you need us, there's a button on your right. Just press it and we'll attend to you right away." Stephanie said through the speaker.

"Okay." I said. All of a sudden, I heard the whirring of the machine kick on, drowning out the TV. I let out a sigh, already bored. This is going to be the longest fifteen minutes of my life.

Andy's POV

I sat down in the waiting room and sighed. I know she's scared. I practically had to drag her here today. She did not want to come. It broke my heart just leaving her there. And to think we're doing this all for basically nothing. The only good this will do is increase her lifespan by a year...maybe.

I really hope the symptoms don't affect her too bad. I kind of wish we had just avoided treatment so she wouldn't have to deal with the side effects, but now she has a chance to live longer which is honestly all I need.

Jessica's POV

Suddenly, the machine turned off and I heard the door open. 

"So, how was that?" Stephanie asked as the nurses took the net off.

"Boring." I said as I sat up.

"At least it's only fifteen minutes. We'll see you tomorow." Stephanie said, handing me my bag of clothes. I changed out of the gown and walked out to the waiting room.

"Hi." I said as I walked up to Andy.

"Hey babe." He smiled, standing up and hugging me. He grabbed my hand as we walked out to the car. "How'd it go."

"It was boring."

"I'm sorry, one treatment down though."

"Yeah, 44 to go." I sighed.

"It'll be okay." I said as we made it to the car. I opened the door and kissed her before she slipped into the seat. "I love you."

"I love you too." She said as I closed the door.

**************************************************************************

15 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER (NO SPAM)