Chapter 29: And There's Something That You See

Colton's POV

I don't really remember much in the ambulance except that I kept throwing up and all I wanted to do was sleep. I got to the hospital and they put me in a room where a doctor checked me and made sure I was okay, that I wasn't going to die. They gave me some pain medication for my headache and then let my parents in.

"He seems fine but we just want to keep him overnight for observation." The doctor told my parents.

"Please can I just go to sleep." I practically begged. 

"Fine." He said.

"Thank the lord!" I exclaimed. Within five minutes, I was asleep.

***

"Colton." I woke up to a nurse shaking me awake.

"Huh, what time is it? How long have I been asleep?" I asked.

"Only for about two hours."

"Okay, and why am I awake now."

"I'm supposed to wake you up every two hours to make sure the concussion hasn't caused you to slip into a coma."

"Okay...can I go back to sleep now?"

"How are you feeling? Do you still have a headache? Do you feel nauseous?"

"No, I feel fine. Can I please get some more sleep?"

"Of course." She smiled and walked away. I rolled my eyes and laid my head back down, going back to sleep.

This happened about three times. The nurse would come in and wake me up, ask me questions and then leave. Finally, I decided to give up on sleep and just watch some TV. What's the point of sleeping if you're just going to be woken up in two hours.

"Come in!" I called when someone knocked on the door. It opened and Cassie walked in.

"Hi." She said quietly.

"Hi." I said, sitting up straight and turning off the TV.

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm okay. I got a concussion when my head hit the ground so now I can only sleep in two hour intervals so they can make sure I don't fall into a coma. Other than that I'm perfectly okay."

"I'm so sorry Colton, I never meant for you to get hurt for me."

"Cassie, it's okay. I love you...as a friend of course. I would do anything to protect you, especially if that jerk Thomas is involved."

"Thank you." She smiled.

"No problem."

"Do you know when you're coming back to school?"

"I should be released tomorrow so I don't know. I'm supposed to find out tomorrow when I can return to normal activities."

"Oh, okay." She said.

"Did you stay at school the rest of the day?"

"No, I went home."

"Oh, okay. Tell me if Thomas messes with you or Brayden or Bryce or Amanda again, I'll beat his ass."

"Colton, you don't have to do that. I don't want you getting hurt again."

"I do have to do it! Or else he'll never learn! He'll think it's okay to keep pushing us around!"

"I don't want you getting hurt Colton!" She exclaimed, tears forming in her eyes. "What if you pick another fight with him and get seriously hurt. What if it's not just a concussion next time Colton? You're my best friend and I don't want to lose you, I can't lose you."

"You're not going to lose me! He's not going to kill me."

"You never know Colton." She said and left the room. I groaned and flopped my head back onto the pillow.

**********************************************************************************************

10 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER (NO SPAM)