Chapter 11: Back To School

COLTON'S POV

"Colton, wake up." My dad said, walking into my room and turning on my light. I groaned, pulling the blanket over my head.

"Five more minutes." I begged.

"No, now." My dad said, pulling the blanket. "It's your first day of high school, get up!" I sat up and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. "There we go." My dad smiled and left, closing the door behind him.

 I stood up and went to my closet. I pulled out a red flannel shirt and a pair of black jeans, pulling them on. I went into the bathroom and brushed my hair, brushing my teeth and going back into my room. I slipped on my black converse and picked up my bag, walking downstairs.

"I'm leaving!" Caitlyn called as she walked out of the house.

"Bye! Have a good day at school!" My mom called, closing the door behind her, turning around and smiling when she saw me. "Why hello sleepy head." I grumbled and dropped my bag by the door, walking into the kitchen and sitting at the table. 

My mom placed her traditional, first day of school pancakes in front of me. I poured the syrup on and started eating them. I finished and decided to wait at the bus stop.

"Okay, I'm leaving now." I said, walking to the front door.

"Wait! I've gotta get your picture!" My mom exclaimed. I groaned and picked up my book bag. I turned around and smiled. She took about ten pictures before she finally let me leave.

"Have a good day at school honey!" My mom called.

"Have a good day fish!" My dad called and I heard my mom slap his chest. I turned on my iPod and put my earbuds in my ears. I walked to the bus stop and stared at my feet. I'm not ready for another nine months of homework and waking up early.

The bus pulled up in front of me and I got on, plus the other kids that were at my stop. I sat one of the middle seats, putting my bag on the seat to save room for Brayden. I stared out the window, listening to my music as the bus drove. Finally, the bus came to the last stop, which was Brayden's. I put my bag on my lap and he sat down. I pulled an earbud out and smiled at him.

"Hey." I smiled.

"Hey." He said, pushing his hair out of his face. "If we don't have at least one class together, I might riot." He chuckled.

"I'm going to need you in my classes." I laughed. We rode the rest of the way to school, just talking. We saw each other as much as we could after he got out of the hospital. The bus stopped in front of the school and the doors opened. We walked off of the bus and went into the gym to pick up our schedules.

We got in our separate lines and I got in the one with the big L sitting on the table. I eventually got to the front of the line.

"Last name?"

"Longsworth, Colton." I said. She flipped through, pulling out a paper and handing it to me. I thanked her and got out of line, meeting up with Brayden. We switched schedules and compared them to each other's.

"Looks like we have Algebra 1, Gym and Biology together." I said.

"Three classes! Not bad!" He smiled.

"And we have lunch together!"

"Awesome. Okay, we should probably get to class." He said.

"Yeah, I have English."

"I've got History." He said and stuck his tongue out.

"See you at lunch." I said as we went our separate ways.  "E202." I said to myself as I looked around, trying to find it. I walked down the main hallway and found myself in the "E" hallway. I looked to my left and saw a set of stairs behind a door. I walked into the stairwell and went upstairs.

"Fuck, I hate stairs." I sighed, reaching the top. I walked into the "E" 200 hallway and found my class at the beginning of the hallway. I got in the line of students waiting to be let in. My teacher was standing at the door, already handing out seating assignments. Great.

"Hello, what's your name?" She asked.

"Colton Longsworth." I said. She checked my name off of a list and handed me a slip of paper. I walked into the classroom and looked at the piece of paper. "13." I read. I walked through the rows of desks until I found my seat, sitting down.

***

I went downstairs and walked to my second period class, Algebra 1.

"Hi, what's your name?" The young teacher asked.

"Colton Longsworth." She checked my name off of her list.

"Take a seat anywhere." I nodded and walked in, choosing a desk. After a few people, Brayden walked in and sat down behind me.

 The bell rang to end second period and Brayden and I walked together, talking about our classes, finding a seat in the hallway and putting our stuff down. We walked to the vending machines and got food and drinks before going back to our spot.

"We have assigned seats on the first day." I groaned about my first period class.

"Our teacher is giving us a week of free sit until she can find seats for us." Brayden said.

***

After school, Brayden and I got on the bus and talked until we got to my stop. I said bye and got off, walking to my house. I walked in and kicked off my shoes.

"I'm home!" I called.

"Colton! How was school?" My mom asked.

"School." I said and walked upstairs. Here we go, another school year.

*******************************************************************************************

Happy new school year to everyone! What grade are you going into and what day do you start? Or if you've already started, how long have you been in and what grade are you in?

I started on August 25th and I'm going to be a junior in high school! (I'm so old.)

Long chapter. Hope you liked it :)

NO IDEAS! (Do NOT suggest Brayden and Colton being gay.)

15 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER!