Chapter 67

Chapter 67: Funeral

Colton's POV

*One Week Later*

That talk with Caitlyn really fucked me up. I don't sneak out, I go to my classes and Bella has even left me alone. I am missing all of the things Bella and I did together but it's not worth military school. I am feeling slight withdrawals from all of the substances but it's not terrible so I'm able to deal with it.

"Colton!" My mom called. I stood up and walked out of my room. I walked down the stairs to see her standing at the front door.

"Yes?"

"Someone is at the door for you." I raised an eyebrow and stood in front of the door to see Bella's driver.

"Oh, hi?" I said, wondering what he was doing at my door.

"Mr. Longsworth, I regret to inform you that Miss Isabella died last night."

"She what!"

"She died of a drug overdose. We will get the funeral information to you as soon as possible. I am so sorry. Have a nice day." He said and left. I collapsed to my knees, my mom closing the door.

"No. No, no no no no. NO!" I screamed, laying on the floor.

"Oh Colton." My mom said, kneeling next to me.

"THIS IS ALL YOUR FUCKING FAULT!" I screamed at her.

"Why are you screaming at your mother?" My dad asked.

"Chris, not right now." My mom hissed at him.

"It is never okay to yell at us Colton!" My dad exclaimed.

"THIS IS BOTH OF YOUR FAULTS! SHE'S DEAD BECAUSE OF YOU! YOU WOULDN'T LET ME SEE HER SO SHE OVERDOSED AND SHE'S FUCKING DEAD! I FUCKING HATE BOTH OF YOU!" I screamed, running upstairs and flopping onto my bed. I sobbed into my pillow. Why did this have to happen?

*One Week Later*

I sighed, fixing my collar in the mirror. Today was Bella's funeral and I was still so depressed. I haven't gone to school since I heard the news and I don't know when I'll go back.

"Colton!" My mom called. I walked down the stairs and Bella's driver was standing at the door.

"I'll be back." I mumbled, walking out to the limo. I got in and laid down on the bench. I stayed in that position until we reached the funeral home. I got out and walked in. I sat in a seat, her coffin sitting at the front of the room.

I got the courage up to walk up, just to have one last look at her. I peered over the coffin and almost fell to her knees. She looked so beautiful and peaceful. She looked like she would open  her eyes at any moment and kiss me. I missed her so much.

"I will always love you." I said, a tear falling onto her hand. I went back to my seat, looking around the room. I recognized the group that Bella and I were apart of were here. They were all crying.

***

After the funeral, I met back up with her driver.

"The family is allowing you into the house to take anything from her room that you would like." He told me.

"Okay." I said as we reached the car. I got in and he drove us to her house. I walked up the stairs and went into her bedroom. I walked around her room, nothing really worth taking. I opened a drawer and saw all of her drugs. I reached in and grabbed the heroin, stuffing it into my pocket.

I walked back out to the car and he drove me home. I thanked him and walked into my house.

"Hey Colton, how was it?"

"The love of my life just died. How do you think it went?" I grumbled. I went into the bathroom, closing and locking the door. I sat on the ground and unbuttoned my shirt. I stared at the marks on my arm from the other times I had done this.

"I'll be with you soon Bella." I said, injecting the heroin into my veins. I felt darkness overcome me as I passed out, a smile on my face.

*****************************************************************************

15 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER