Chapter 21: Bros Before Hoes

Colton's POV

My aunt Liz walked into the waiting room and took a deep breath, looking at all of us. 

"Is everything okay?" My grandpa asked.

"I wouldn't say okay, but nothing has changed." She said.

"Mommy!" Eva exclaimed. My great grandma Ella was holding Emily.

"Hi." My aunt Liz said, putting on a fake smile and picking her daughter up.

"Do you want us to take her home?" My great grandpa Jake asked.

"That'd be great, thanks." She smiled before turning her attention to the two year old in her arms. "You're going to have a sleepover at Gramps and Gram's, alright?" She said.

"Okay mommy." Eva smiled. My aunt smiled and kissed her forehead before handing her to our great grandpa Jake. They walked out and my aunt returned to my uncle's room.

"You guys ready to go?" My dad asked my sister and I.

"Can Brayden sleep over?" I asked.

"Is it okay with your parents?" My dad asked.

"They should be okay with it but I can ask." 

"Alright, you guys go get in the car, I'll be right behind you." My dad said, tossing the keys to me and then walking back over to my mom. Brayden, Caitlyn and I stood up, walking out of the hospital. I unlocked the doors and Caitlyn and Brayden climbed in the back. I started up the car and then got in next to Brayden.

I saw my dad walk out with Erin. He got into the car, Erin in the front seat.

"Caitlyn, I hope you don't mind if Erin spends the night."

"Not at all." She smiled. My dad pulled out of the parking lot and started driving home. We got home and he turned off the car, walking into the house with us.

"Colton, you're in charge." My dad said, handing me a $100 bill. "This is for emergencies only. You can order a pizza for dinner. I'll be back tomorrow morning to check on you. Do not answer the door and if anything bad happens, call me, okay?"

"I got it dad."

"Alright, you guys be good." He said and left. 

"I CALL THE LIVING ROOM!" I announced, sprinting in and jumping on the couch.

"NO FAIR!" Caitlyn screamed.

"I'm older, faster and better." I said, flipping her off. She groaned and walked upstairs, Erin following her. Brayden walked in and sat on the couch. I grabbed the remote and flipped to a channel. Brayden and I sat in silence, things still a little awkward between us.

"You hungry?" I asked, two hours later. Brayden nodded. "CAITLYN!" I screamed.

"WHAT!"

"ARE YOU HUNGRY?" Soon, I heard footsteps on the stairs. I grabbed my phone and my dad's credit card

"Yeah." She said, her and Erin walking into the living room.

"What do you guys want?" I asked.

"Pepperoni." They said at the same time.

"You good with that?" I asked Brayden and he nodded. I dialed Domino's number and ordered two large pepperoni pizzas. Twenty minutes later, the pizza guy arrived and I payed him, grabbing the pizza, closing and locking the door.

"PIZZA'S HERE!" I called, setting the boxes on the stove. Brayden and I grabbed a couple pieces, sitting back on the couch and watching TV while we ate.

A few hours later, we decided to go to sleep. I got out my sleeping bag for him and I stripped down to my boxers, climbing into my bed. I quickly fell asleep, happy that my best friend and I were friends again.

**********************************************************************************

Sorry this sucked and sorry I haven't updated lately. I've been busy.

Listening to Over It~ Relient K

15 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER