Chapter 89: Results

Chapter 89: Results

Andy's POV

Jessica and I walked into the hospital two days later, holding hands. She hadn't gotten any better. We were here so Jessica could get the sample of her tumor taken to determine her fate. She checked herself in and we waited until she was called back.

"Jessica Biersack." The nurse called. We both stood up and she turned to face me.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too." She said, hugging me. We finally let go and she followed the nurse out of the waiting room. I sat back in my chair and let out a sigh. We had agreed not to tell anyone until we had the results so we wouldn't worry them for possibly nothing. I paced the room, tapped my foot, scrolled through twitter and even played games on my phone, all to try to get my mind off of Jessica but I couldn't. I was just so worried. I can't lose another wife, I just can't.

"Andy Biersack." The doctor called, walking into the waiting room a few hours later. I stood up and walked over to her. 

"How is she?" I asked.

"She did just fine. She's recovering and we were able to successfully retrieve a sample. I sent it off for testing and you should have the results by Friday. You are able to go see her but, her sedative is still wearing off, so she's not fully aware yet. We will still keep her for an overnight stay and we will see if she's good enough to go home tomorrow. We set up a cot in her room so you can stay the night with her." The doctor said, giving me the room number.

I sprinted to Jessica's room, opening the door to see her laying groggily on the bed. 

"Hey babe." I smiled, walking over to her bedside.

"Heyyyyy." She slurred, a goofy smile plastered on her face. I kissed her forehead, sitting in the chair next to her bed.  We watched TV for a while, waiting or her sedative to wear off. Due to her age, we agreed on just getting her a sedative instead of putting her completely out. After a while, she was back to normal and we talked for a bit before going back to watching TV. Out of nowhere, I heard rustling coming from Jessica and I looked to see her body convulsing. Flashbacks of Harley came into my mind and I started to cry. I pressed the call button and stepped back, desperately trying to force myself not to grab her and hold her. The nurses rushed in and made sure she wouldn't fall off the bed before stepping back a bit until her seizure was over. They started checking her vitals as the doctor ran in and I just started crying harder.

"Mr. Biersack." The doctor said, turning to me. "Your wife just had a seizure so we are going to keep her in the hospital for an extra day, just to make sure it doesn't happen again."

"Thank you." I said as they all left.

"Oh Jessica." I sighed, sitting down next to her bed and grabbing her hand.

***

I was sitting in Jessica's bed with her, watching TV. We've been in the hospital for three days now. She had another seizure yesterday so they're making her stay today as well. We both just want to leave and go home, but her health is important.

There was a knock on the door and the doctor walked in. She smiled at us, the heavy hospital door slamming shut behind her.

"Hello Jessica and Andy." She said, flipping through her file. "Well, we got your test results back today." The doctor said. Jessica gripped my hand tightly and I did the same back to her. "It appears that you have a malignant astrocytoma tumor. It is grade four, a GBM, or a Glioblastoma multiforme tumor. It is one of the most aggressive brain cancers. I am so sorry. Now, let me go over your options. Without treatment, you will survive three months maximum. Even with treatment, you will probably die within the next three years. We can do radiation and surgery to prolong your life span. Surgery will consist of removing as much of the tumor as we can, preventing most of it from spreading or growing. Unfortunately, due to where the tumor is located, it is too dangerous for us to remove all of it. I am so sorry about this news. Call me if you have any questions. Take your time on your decision, but time is of the essence." She said as she left.

"No." I whispered. I slid off the bed and backed myself up against the wall. "NO! NO NO NO NO NO!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, pounding on the walls and kicking things around. "FUCK THIS! NO! THIS CANNOT BE FUCKING HAPPENING!"

"Andy." Jessica tried.

"NO! NO! NO!" I paced the room a bit before dropping to the ground. I pulled my knees up to my chest and rocked back and forth. I mumbled and sobbed into my knees, completely losing it. 

"Andy, please." Jessica begged, tears in her eyes.

"This can't be happening, it's not."

"Andy, it is!"

"NO, IT'S NOT!" I screamed, standing up. "WE WERE SUPPOSED TO GROW OLD TOGETHER, THIS ISN'T SUPPOSED TO FUCKING HAPPEN! NO!"

"ANDREW DENNIS BIERSACK! FUCKING LISTEN TO ME FOR A SECOND!" Jessica screamed, causing me to stop my fit. "I'm dying Andy! It's just how it is! You screaming and saying no is just making it harder Andy. I have cancer, we can't do anything about it! I just want to spend my last couple years with you, please!" She sobbed.

"This isn't fair. I should be the one with cancer! I smoked for all those years and I drank a lot. You're such a fucking good person, this can't be happening!"

"Andy! Just please come lay with me. I really need you right now." She said. I took a shaky breath and nodded, climbing into the bed. I wrapped my arms around her and we laid in the bed, silent, the same thing going through our heads.

She's dying.

************************************************************************************

15 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER (NO SPAM)