Chapter 85

Chapter 85

Caitlyn's POV

*One Month Later*

A few weeks before school started, my case was finally taken to court. It was hard seeing Josh again but it made me smile slightly to see him in an orange jumpsuit and handcuffs. Since I was a minor, they decided to keep him in jail until the trial. My parents were there to support me and I broke down when I had to recall the incident for the jury. I had repressed most of the event already so the lawyer my parents had gotten made me write it all down so I could remember it for the trial to give an accurate statement.

Josh is an asshole. He completely denied it, even thought there was clear evidence against him. He ended up getting nine years in prison, which I wish it was life, but at least I know I'll be safe for a few years.

I'm now a few weeks into school and the trial helped me a lot. After the discussion with my aunts, I slowly started to be around my family more and after about two weeks, I was feeling well enough to leave the house. The trial really helped me feel confident to face another year of school and helped me become myself again. Now that this trial is over, I feel like I can start to move on with my life. I know it's going to take a while, but I'm confident I will be able to move on because of the amazing support from my family.

Colton's POV

Well, I'm finally a senior. I've been trying to surf as much as I can before it gets cold. Sarah and I are still together and our relationship is going really well.

I was at Sarah's house and we were laying in her bed, making out. I was so happy I could finally kiss her. It just felt right. I started to trail my hand under her shirt but she slapped it away and rolled onto her back.

"I'm sorry." I said.

"We need to take a walk." She said, getting up. I stood up and put my shoes on. We got out of the house and started walking down the sidewalk. 

"What did you need to talk about?" I asked.

"There's something I haven't really talked about and I feel like it needs to be addressed if we want to take this relationship any further."

"Okay?"

"I am a Christian. I have made the decision to save myself for marriage and I need someone who will respect that. If you can't, then this isn't going to work."

"Wow, I didn't know. I'm sorry, I never would have done that."

"So, that isn't a problem for you?"

"Well, it's something I'll have to get used to, but you're worth it Sarah. I'll wait forever for you. I just know that I love you and don't want to lose you." I said. She bit her lip and smiled at me.

"I love you too." She said. I hugged her tightly. That was the first time we said we loved each other and it just made me so happy. I really love her a lot.

"D-Do you think you would ever come to church with me?" She asked and I sighed.

"I'll consider it." I said.

"Thank you." She smiled and hugged me.

*****************************************************************************

15 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER (NO SPAM)