♣♠ Titan's Heart Part 4♦♥

Mike looked up at the two's words. His nose told him, that the smell of blood came from up there in the distance.

"Who goes that high up?" Levi was surprised himself.

"Someone who's been chased by a titan?" Hange blinks at the impressive height.

"...." Levi put his hand under the side of his jacket, feeling the little box tucked away under his harness gear holder that usually would hold the odmgear's handle with no blades.

"Sooo we are going up there right?" Chirped Hange.

"💨Ha.....of course four eyes.."

"Follow me then." Mike's low voice says, as he starts moving upwards the trees. Higher than what most trainees, or cadets would do on a basic level. Even they wouldn't ride this fast up unless some massive titan came through.

"Yay.!! let's go find her!" The two guys' eyes go blank at Hange's words.

'Then again....how dare I let my student, and comrade...go missing like this.' Hange secretly bit the inside of her cheek in stress. Things had to be set straight.

{Way above the trees}

*tick...tock....tick tock....* Here I still sway up in the air. My hands loosing the feeling of them, soon enough I wouldn't be able to hold on. "Great..Ugh! just how much longer, will I be blind up here for?" Worst comes to worse, I would swing myself up, and have myself hand by my legs, and wrap them around if my hands lost all the feeling, even after swapping them. I could feel my skin scrunch turn my palms, making them turn red, and soon enough could grow blisters, or really hard dry skin.

"Yuk..., I really don't need that." I slowly tried to force my better eyes open so I could get a look at my surroundings.

I forced it open, only to have bloody tears fall down the side of my face, both burning. I was slashed by leaves, and now burning sun mixed with blood. I was getting desperate to see.

"Wow... I'm high up." I blinked, even with one blurry eye, that feels like it was the leaves, and small branches fault to make it hurt this much. "Nnn." I cranked my head up, not letting go of the blade. Seeing my burning red hands. Yup...there was the sad truth. I had no intention of letting go anytime soon. It's better to be up here, than down there. At least if a titan came, they most likely could pass by me with no incident. Then it hit me. "What if somehow....." I looked up again. Could possibly climb up higher to the very top of the tree, and poke my head out into the sky.

"....except...I would only have to do this with one eye, and if something happened I wouldn't be able to see with my eyes shut."

*Drip......drip....*

"Huh?" I looked up a bit, feeling something land on my face.

*drip*

"Ah...! ntch." I look back down, seeing more fall.

It began to rain a bit. I could hear the light patter on the large leaves around me. I reach back with one hand, and pull my hood over my head from the green cloak. Facing down would keep it covering most of my face.

"Guess that's out of the question."

"K...well not until I try this." Carefully I reached up my other hand over my head. Gripping it now with both hands. Since my blade was pushed into the side of the tree, seeming steady. I looked up a bit with one blurry eye. Spotting a branch not too far above my head, if I was to stand, then slam another blade with my other hand just above, I could stand up, and pull myself up into the wide branch. This would be my last chance, because by the feeling in my hands, I wouldn't be able to get back anytimes soon. Before I knew it I wouldn't be able to keep my eye open, and let alone hold the trigger of the flesh paring blade.

Reaching down with my weaker hand, I grabbed the other trigger free hanging off me. *shink* I hooked a fresh blade onto, since I broke part of the old one off. I watched the silver object drop below the trees. If anyone was looking for me, there could find this.

I had to be careful though, I couldn't just recklessly drop another blade down in hopes. Since this little trip up could break my last 2 pairs left on each side. Before I tried to do anything, I pulled the trigger on the handle.

"Nothing...." Not even my wires worked, it was jammed just as I thought. My only hope of holding on was my blades. *T-thump thump thump* My heart rate rose, as I pulled myself up with one arm, with the fresh blade held above my head, ready to slam it in once I got closer up.

*drip...drip...drip* The rain started become more frequent, but not close enough to a deadly rain downpour.

"Stupid rain." I hissed, pulling myself up a little more.

"Ahh. now! HYAH!" *THUD!* I slammed the new blade up into the side of the tree with success. "Wah, it worked yeah!" Feeling the blood slide off my face now from the cool rain, I began to have a better feeling, and could see a little better.

"Ngh..! c-come on." I used all my power to pull myself up. With my luck I was able to reach the first blade, and held myself steady.

* Tap...tap..* I now stood on my blade, while holding myself up with the other just incase. I had to let go of that blade in order to fully stand, knowing...I couldn't get it back if I was to go up onto the branch. *Click* I unhook the blade below me from the trigger, and let it drop free at my side. I looked up seeing how close I was to the branch.

I began pulling myself up once again, now reaching with my other arm towards the branch."Hah, got it." I smirked having my hand latch onto the branch. I began to pull up, as I was now on my tippy toes.

I let go of the blade now with my other hand, and unhook, quickly grabbingthebranch with bothhands!

*THUD!*I slammed my one foot down the the blade to keep me steady, as I pushed up off, sliding up on my stomach, with my foot now on the side of the tree pushing.

*huff huff* I breathed hard, as my heart pounded hard against my chest.

I rolled myself up onto the branch, and flopped down.