Building Trust

*Click* Erwin shut the door to his office, while I took my spot on his comfy...soft...seat across from his deck. 'W-wow.....who knew.. he basically had seats like a king.'

*cough* Erwin gets my attention. "....____, are you alright then?" It was as if he was hesitant to ask me. "Yes, I am now." I replied.

He leaned back in his chair sighing. " There is no need to be formal, we are you friends here."

"....." I casted my eyes down a bit. "It's alright though, could you explain what happened? I was quite surprised to hear the crash from my office." Erwin slid... a small plate of what seemed to be cake to me, a red apple??

'!' I felt my words stop inside of me. 'H-how did he know?! did the words of Eren's secret come out somehow?' Keeping it cool, I spoke not touching the food, even if I was pretty hungry. I began to speak.

"Well I wanted to make some tea...so I went down there. After I drank the tea I went to set the cup down on the count-" I suddenly flinched at a new presence in the room. I could see the light flicker in Erwin's eyes. "I see....you realised. Is it alright if he stays?" He was asking me? if that person in the room with us could stay. Wasn't he the one who made the rules, and we had no choice but to obey?

I turned my head around to the other side of the room, leaning a bit over my seat. I could spot Mike in the far corner standing there in quiet, looking at us both with calm greys mixed with green eyes, but ready to leave if I declined.

"I...." I blinked, while he just looked at me in question. I didn't want to be rude, he was innocent.., and harmless just standing there. He did save me of course, so maybe I should. I turned back to face Erwin.

"No.., he can stay. If you...want...you can come join us here....." I directed my last words to the the blonde behind me. Erwin looks at Mike for a second. Breathing in Mike slowly...walks over to us, and pulls out a chair, and sits near me. Crossing his arms he sat there quietly listening in.

"Go on...____." Commander Erwin adds.

Looking a tad bit down, not wanting to make eye contact I continued. Feeling somewhat safe. I just hopped Levi wasn't going to bite my head off later. "....well...when I walked to the counter.* skipping the fact on...how bad I could see* I thought I had the cup over the ledge..., and.. let go."

Both blonde's eyes widen in surprise. Embarrassment killed me now, it was soo......weird to be telling them this. It felt weird.., I felt my body go cold at this moment. " I lost my footing.., while I wanted to catch the teacup, and...knocked the rest of them down too....."

Mike could tell I was panicking now, as a person with good sense of smell, he knew it for sure.

"I....knew the two different cups belonged to Levi..., so...I tried to save them." I looked away. Remembering the one, and only one I saved. Erwin began to speak. "That's...enough....don't need to say anymore." He was nice about it. He touched the plate in front of me, and pushed it closer to me like it was nothing, a simple shifting. I still refused to each, this made the two men frown.. in concern.

"I can say I do have good news, don't let the rest bother you, also if Levi..bothers you about this. Come to me, or...Mike alright?" I looked up at Erwin holding a box in his hand wrapped with a white ribbon. The I looked at Mike. He nods his head, with a soft look on his face.

"I..suspect... the main reason was because....." He trailed off...opening the box with his fingers facing it to me. My one eye widens in shock. It was a pair of glasses. The ones Hange told me she will work on getting. He knew?? I felt my heart drop in shame.

"Take them, you could use them...." He urged on. "I'm sorry...but Hange was the one who told me. don't blame her, I asked personally."

I bit my lip. 'Tch' Hiding my face, and scared other eye. "Thank you..commander." I took the box, and closed it. "Won't you try them out? to make sure it fits."

This was embarrassing. I only wanted to use them if I absolutely had to. I looked up giving a fake smile, like this didn't bother me. "Ahhah, I'm sure it's perfect..! I just wanna make sure they are at their best when needed during training."

The two blinked at my mood swing. This was weird...even for me. Mike very lightly sniffed the air, so I couldn't hear it. "Please....eat..you need to build up your strength. You can take it with you, if you like." The commander said with honest words. I reached over to take the red apple,still not sure how it ended up here. Then I grab the plate with the cake...turning in my seat I face Mike. I could see his eyes widen a bit in question, as I held the plate up to him. "...thanks for saving me...." He reaches out with shock slowly, as I let go quickly, and stand to my feet, holding the case, and apple.

"!!" Their eyes widen, a bit as I began to walk out of the room. " I'm tired, see you on the training field tomorrow."

"Ah." Erwin wanted to stop me, as he watched me leave, but didn't...he felt it was better to let me go.

*Click* The door behind me shut.

"Hmm......" Mike looked down at the cake. Erwin leaned on his arm looking at his friend, and helper. "Guess it didn't work." It amused him seeing the cake was passed to Mike. "Here I thought she liked cake. That's what I heard."

"Same...." Mike blinked at it, little confused. Picking it up, he began to eat it since it was given to him. "...keep a eye on her, I have a feeling she is still fighting something."

The blonde with middle parted bangs nods." ..right." He finished the last bite of the cake, and stood with the plate in his hand. " I'll take care of this." He said in a low voice.

"Right, goodnight." Erwin say farewell to his friend for the night. "Let's just hope Hanji isn't running tests tonight. Maybe we could all sleep for once."

"Heh...yeah." Says Mike leaving.

♦Why is trust so hard to gain? Or is the one who seems harmful, is actually the harmless one. Do you trust a titan more than a human who has lost it? ♠