Chapter 52: To Escape Is Not Cowardness Or Fear...

Chapter 52: To Escape Is Not Cowardness Or Fear It Is A Mere Intervention With Your Thoughts ;Whether You Like It Or Not

He shouted and adrenaline pumped through my body as I sprinted downstairs.

"Wait should I get everyone out?!"I shouted confused, what's happening?!

"No,just you...trust me!" I then sprinted outside.

I panted heavily as I ran down some streets.

"I'm so sorry sweetheart"My dad whispered sadly in the phone.

"Why?Dad please tell me what's happening?"I breathed out difficulty. My throat becoming dry.

"You need to stay away from Luke... he's not who you thought he was Blair..."

My heart plummeted.

There was a pause. "What?" I managed to whisper.

"You dropped one of the voice recorders in his room Blair, when you were setting them up"

"Cut to the bloody chase dad!"I shouted angrily and he sighed.

"He's working with Dickens angel, he's trying to ruin your plans of exposing him and-and-" he stuttered and my eyes watered.

"And what?"I dared to say, my voice cracking.

"He's trying to get rid of Ethan"

I started laughing.

"Honey stop I'm not joking!"he shouted roughly as if it hurt him to tell me.

"Good one dad. You almost got me ther-"

"I'm not joking Blair"

I dropped to the floor. The phone fell against my side.

He would not do this. Luke the boy who's been my best friend for 7 years. He would never do this.

"How do you know this?"I spoke after a long silence.

"The voice recording Blair, he spoke to Dickens before you entered"

"What did he say?"

"He was- I don't think I should tell you, you're so upset it'll just make it-"

"Tell me" My voice dropping threateningly low.

"He's successfully made you hate Ethan...now it will be easier for you to give him all the evidence when handing Dickens over to the police. Then he'll destroy it all..And he'll frame Ethan for it"

There was a long pause.

"I d-don't understand why he would do this.. there must be a reason.. maybe Dickens is forcing him to say it?"

"I'm sorry"

"Wow...this is not true"

"So you can easily believe me if it was Ethan but not Luke"

"What?Goodbye"I annoyingly said.

"Fuc-" he started to say in a regrettable tone and I hung up.