Chapter 39:Sometimes You Have To Give In But That Doesn't Mean...

Chapter 39: Sometimes You Have To Give In But That Doesn't Mean You Have To Give Up

I'm exhausted.

Is it just me?

I just want things to be stable, to be perfect, to be..unreality.I wish fairy tales existed..

"They're having an engagement party.."Luke spoke as he sat down on my bed with me, with a box of chocolates Kristen didn't want.

"Great, I'm not going" I said casually as I stuffed my mouth with the greatness.

"It's going to happen in the house sweetheart"

"Then I'm not going be in the house"

"I understand how you feel but this can be a great opportunity for acting against Dickens.. He'll be distracted with this bullshit and then you can do whatever you want"

I stopped to think for a moment.

"You're too clever for your own good"I smiled out at him as he laughed.

"Only for you; as much as I want you away from Ethan and this house I know the only way I can do that is bringing Dickens down"He smiled out moving some hair behind my ear.

"Forget about that for now, how's Nate?"I asked as I put a dark chocolate one in his mouth-they're his favourite.

"Mmm good, he told his parents about me and him and he's fortunate enough to still be accepted and they were more than fine"

I smiled genuinely.

"That's great; I'm happy for him"I spoke out as I got up and went to his closet and got out some of his sweatpants and a baggy grey top. Yes I am well aware I can get my clothes but I don't want to go in that room with Kristen and Ethan right now. I honestly don't know how Luke still got his own room.

"Close you eyes please?"I asked Luke and he did it straight away, he may be my best friend but I'm insecure about a lot of things including my body. I don't want people seeing it unless I give them permission too- I know,how stupid.

I took off my dress and put it on in a heartbeat.

"You can look now"I laughed out and put my hair up in a bun.

"I don't understand how you're so beautiful"Luke whispered out and I laughed.

"You have to say that because we're best friends"

"No I would tell you if you look unattractive"He said with a straight face.

"Don't lie chubby"I spoke.

He just rolled his eyes "You think everyone's beautiful except for yourself.."

"Mhh"I mumbled as I went over the text my dad sent me about the phase.

"I think it's wrong"He blurted out and I looked up.

"Huh?"I asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"People always see thier flaws, I bet you could name everything you think is wrong with you..but when someone tells you how beautiful you are,you don't believe it"