Chapter 73: The Journey has just Begun

"Please welcome to the stage the ALDC with The Fight. This dance was dedicated to Katie Rose and her mother Amanda Rose."

I looked to Abby and she gave me a smile. I knew exactly what the dance was going to be about and I directed my attention back to the stage. I couldn't believe they're dedicating this dance to my mother and I. It's so sweet that they care and that Abby choreographed the dance just for us.

Jojo entered the stage first with Maddie, Kalani, and Mackenzie following close behind her. Jojo is wearing an absolutely beautiful baby pink costume with rhinestones all over it. Maddie, Kalani, and Mackenzie are all wearing plain white dresses.

I clapped my hands together with the rest of the crowd as the girls entered. They got to their starting positions and waited for the music.

The music starts out very slow and peaceful and eventually the rest of the girls take the stage wearing plain baby blue dresses with a pink ribbon wrapped around the waist.

Sometimes life doesn't go as planned. There begins to be words in the music. At this point my eyes are tearing up as the "doctors" gather around Jojo.

It will be hard.

The fight is tough.

But you are tougher.

I begin to cry as Jojo struggles survive. The dancing is beautiful. Melissa notices my tears and wraps her arm around me.

The journey is not easy.

But you will take the fight by storm. You will do everything you can to win this fight.

So that one day, you'll be all right.

You will win the fight.

Tears are streaming from my face. The girl's dance is absolutely amazing. As the music fades out the "family" hugs Jojo and leads her off the stage as the "doctors" leave on the other side of the stage.

"What did you think?" Melissa asked looking to me.

"They did so good." I say crying as I try to wipe my eyes.

"Awe don't cry." Melissa hugged me.

"Can we go see them." I smiled once again wiping tears from my eyes.

"Of course." Melissa replied.

We all make our way back to the dressing room and waited for the girls to come in. My emotions at the moment are all over the place. The girls did so good and it was so touching for them to dedicate a dance to my mom and I. Going through all this with my mother right now is just so kind of them to make an effort to show me everything will be alright. It's helping me believe that everything truly will be okay.

"Katie!" The girls shout as they come into the room creating a giant group hug with my in the middle of it all. This time I don't even bother to wipe the tears from my face.

"I love you guys so freaking much!"

"Same, I don't know what I would do without you all." Brynn cried, which we were all in tears.