Chapter 29: Awards

We walked onto the stage for awards and we sat in a row on the left side of the stage and the Debbie Allen group sat on the other side.

"Who's ready to get started?" The announcer said cheerfully.

We all cheered and anxiously waited.

"Okay lets start with our Pre-teen soloist category."

We all clutched our hands together and waited to hear the results.

"In sixth place, we have act #368, Lynn with Beats me!" The girl got up and accepted the award and sat down once again.

"In fifth place we have act #342 with Queen!" Mackenzie got up and accepted the metal then sat down. I could tell she was kind of disappointed but she was hiding it well.

"In fourth place we have act #345, Kalani with Trying to Understand."

Kalani got up accepted the metal then sat down again. She was clearly disappointed.

"Okay folks, this is getting serious were down to the top three." The announcer said as Maddie and I clutched our hands harder.

"Our third place winner is act #347, Brynn with Miss Overlooked." Brynn got up smiling accepted the award and metal and stood before the crowd.

"Second place... We have act #344, Maddie with Take me Back!" Maddie got up with a big smile on her face accepted the award and the metal and stood next to Brynn facing the crowd.

"Okay we're down to the last winner." Mackenzie, Sarah, and I clutched hands and looked down.

"Our first place winner is... Act #346, Katie with Shine Bright! Abby Lee Dance Company! I jumped up and smiled and accepted the trophy and metal.

I was absolutely stunned I got first place. The crowd clapped as we went and sat down again. I did realize that Kendall didn't even place and I felt bad.

"Moving on to our duo, trio category." The announce gave several awards then he got to third place.

"In third place... Act #321, with Rose Petals." One of the girls got up and accepted the award.

"In second place, Act #334 Jojo and Nia with Run Free!"

Nia went up and accepted the award. So far Debbie Allen had won nothing. I seriously felt bad for the other girls.

After the announcer went through several category's he got to the one we were anxiously awaiting.

"Okay next we have our Pre-Teen group category." He said and we clutched each other's hands.

"In second place... Debbie Allen Dance Company with Misfits!" Jojo got up and accepted the Award.

"In first place... Act #236, with We Don't Need You!" We all jumped up excitedly and went over and accepted the award.

"What studio do you young lady's come from?" The announcer said holding out the microphone.

"ABBY LEE DANCE COMPANY!" We all shouted into the microphone.

After the awards we went into the dressing room cheering.

"Okay girls I will see you on Monday!" Abby said after we packed everything up. We were still going on the plane and on the bus with her so... That was mainly for the camera. We had already changed into our regular clothes. We were once again wearing our matching adidas joggers and I was wearing a white T-shirt.

After some men came in the took our luggage and brought it to the bus. We walked out and greeted the fans before we got onto the bus.

We took serval selfies with fans and signed many autographs. We stayed for about forty five minutes doing just that then got onto the bus. By now it was about 5:00pm NYC time and we were headed to the airport.

Once we finally got to the airport we got some Starbucks, went through the security, then boarded the plane.

"Kimmy Smit?" Maddie asked as we plopped down in the first class seats.

"Obviously!" I said pulling my laptop out of my bag.

Maddie put the table down and we put the laptop on the table and we started watching The Unbreakable Kimmy Smit.

We both watched four episodes then fell asleep. The flight was five and a half hours long so we only watched Kimmy for two hours.

"We're preparing for landing." The speaker sounded three hours later.

The sound of the speaker woke both of us up. We sheepishly gathered our stuff. It was seriously only 7:00pm LA time.

We walked off the plane with Abby, Melissa, Sarah, Christy, Gia, and Mackenzie.

My mom was waiting for us as we got off the plane. "Hey how was it?" She asked taking my makeup suitcase.

I rubbed my eyes. "Good." I replied sheepishly. I was simply to tiered to go into detail right now.

My mom drove me home and I went straight to bed. I was extremely tiered!

|This story is STILL updated REGULARLY!|

{Short Chapter, I know. Were you shocked at the results? Tomorrow is Sunday in the book I'll give you a hint the chapter is called I Wont Forget You! What do you guys think it's gonna be about? Thanks for reading, and please favorite the chapter! 😘}