Chapter 22: The interviews

I woke up in the morning and threw on my denim skinny jeans with the ends rolled. I wore a black T-shirt with white lining. I also wore these really cute brown, low cut ankle boots.

I was kind of nervous about dancing with Sarah. I knew Maddie and Mackenzie had danced with her before and obviously it's nothing new. I however had never danced with her so I was kind of nervous.

I finished getting ready and my mom was taking us to dance today so I hopped in the car as we went to go pick up Maddie and Mackenzie.

"Hey!" Maddie said as her and Mackenzie got into the car.

"Hey!" I parroted turning around in the passenger seat to greet them with a smile.

When we finally got to the studio we went and did school across the street. After doing school we came back to the actual studio and put our dance clothes on.

I put on my grey and black skin tight ALDC university T-shirt and some red ALDC booty shorts. I also put my hair up into a bun.

We all walked into studio A and stretched waiting for Abby to come in. It was just Maddie, Mackenzie, and I stretching.

"Good morning girls!" Abby said walking into the studio with Sarah.

"Morning!" We all said at different times.

"Okay Katie since you haven't met her, this is Sarah." Abby told me as Sarah waved to me.

I had seen Sarah on Dance Moms before however she was never an official member of the original Competition team. I'm not talking about the ensemble.

She had dirty blonde hair and greenish blue eyes. There she was, Sarah Hunt. I waved back to her smiling. It was always fun to meet new people.

"Okay girls we have work to do, let's get started on the group routine." Abby told us as Sarah came to where we were standing.

I was really happy because I was able to click with Sarah like we had danced with each other our whole lives.

"Girls I need more sass!" Abby shouted to us as we ran through the dance.

I stepped it up. Facials, etcetera. I got real into it.

"Wow! Thank you Katie!" Abby told me as we continued to dance.

It was certainly going all to well because Christy, Sarah's mom came into the studio. Or as the other moms called her Cry-steh.

"Abby I heard the other girls had solos and I was wondering if Sarah was going to have one too?" Christy asked.

"No, no she doesn't." Abby said looking to Christy as if she was crazy.

"Oh, well I was just wondering. Didn't want little Sarah to feel left out." Christy said looking to Sarah.

"Sarah isn't being left out of anything." Abby said annoyed.

Christy looked to Sarah and mouthed something.

"Um, Miss Abby. Would it be okay if I did do a solo this weekend?" Sarah asked Abby.

"No, I'm busy enough as it is and because your mom should not be talking for you." Abby said annoyed.

"I wasn't talking for her, she just asked you."

Maddie and I were simply uninterested in the fight so we decided to keep working through the routine.

"Are you kidding me! I'm not stupid Christy I have eyes. You're a guest here. I could have gotten anyone else! So you're lucky I even got you to do a group routine!" Abby said angered.