Chapter 23: Dad...

I woke up Wednesday morning my new normal way. I got ready and threw a pair of dance clothes into my bag. I wore a LA jersey type shirt with some white jeans shorts and my Roshies.

When Mellisa arrived at my house I hopped into the car and we were off to the studio.

"That top is so cute!" I told Maddie who was wearing a black tank top halter that had fringe at the bottom of it.

"Thanks, I like your shirt too." She replied.

"Thanks." I said laughing.

"Hey mom, since Kenz is having her friend over tonight. Would it be okay if Katie stayed the night too?" Maddie asked her mom.

"Sure, Katie your welcome over anytime." Melissa replied driving.

"Thanks!" I replied happily.

"Hey and we could go swimming tonight." Mackenzie said.

"Yeah that would be fun!" Maddie said happily.

I texted my mom to see if I could sleep over.

"Hey mom could I sleep get at Maddie's tonight?" I texted.

"Sure, do you need me to bring you anything?" She asked.

"Um could you bring Pj's, regular clothes, a pair of dance clothes for tomorrow, and a swim suit? 😂"

"Wow that's a lot of stuff, but sure."

"Okay thanks, I'll see you at the studio."

"See you then, love you."

"Love you too." I texted my mom as we pulled up to the studio. We hopped out of the car and went and did school as always.

In was in the middle of doing school when ring ring. My phone started going off.

I was confused because all my friends know I do school during this time. Maddie and Mackenzie looked at me too.

I looked down to see that the call was from my dad. "Shoot." I mumbled.

"What's a matter?" Maddie asked looking up again from her computer.

"My dad's calling me." I said putting my hand to my head.

"Oh..." Maddie's eyes awkwardly shifted back to her school stuff once again.

I decided to just click ignore. My dad was a horrible person. He had cheated on my mom and not to mention he was an alcoholic. As soon as my mom found out he was cheating she was already pissed off about his alcohol issue. She divorced him as soon as possible.

It was only about two years ago. Yes, sometimes he would call to check up. He was not someone I liked talking to however.

A few seconds later my phone started buzzing again. I walked over to the corner of the room and picked up the phone.

"What do you want?" I asked annoyed.

"Can a dad just talk to his daughter?" He asked.

"No, we all know that isn't true." I said. Just talking to him brought tears to my eyes.

"I have good news. I'm going up try to get my custody back." He said.

"That is not happening!" I told him with a tear escaping my eye.

"Oh but it is happening darling. Also I heard you are on some tv show now, you're not going to be able to do that." He told me.

"Stay away from me!" I shouted into the phone then hung up.

There was no way I wanted to be near my dad. He had gone to live in freaking Texas now!