Chapter 2: My Life Just Changed

After suffering two more periods of math and social studies, Liv and I were finally called down to the office to be dismissed. Saved by my mom.

"Thank you so much mom for brining us to this audition! It means so much to Liv and I." I confess as Liv and I hop into my mom's black traverse.

"No problem. Just know I'm taking off work for this so you better do good." My mom joked causing us both to laugh. Liv and I chatted all the way to the venue. We discussed all possibilities of what would happen if we were to actually make the team and what we think the audition is going look like in general. Imagining our wildest dreams definitely has us ahead of ourselves however for the moment we could care less.

"Hey guys, I'm just going to drop you off in the front so you guys can get in line while I find a place to park." My mom says then Liv and I hop out of the car.

"Okay Amanda we'll be waiting" Liv replies to my mom calling her by first name. She calls my mom both by her first name and also by 'Mom' since our families are so close. I assume they always will remain close with the bond that is there. I couldn't ever even imagine our families not all behind best buds.

-

We walk down the sidewalk trying to find the end of the line. Dancers of all shapes and sizes are standing with their mothers one after another. There's definitely some competition here. The line leads into the venue that has been rented out for the auditions. When we finally reached the end we start taking our top layer of clothing off revealing our ALDC dance wear underneath. We had purchased the dance wear just for the sole purpose of this audition. I am wearing a light blue and pink Abby Lee Miller outfit and Liv is wearing a lavender one.

Our hair is perfectly adjusted in high buns. My bun also had two decorative flowers in it while Liv's had some ribbon in it. No annoying hair fly aways are in sight, our hair is perfect! I guess a little bit of hairspray and years of doing hair for dance is to thank for that.

"Oh my gosh I am so nervous right now, how about you?" I look to Liv jumping up and down trying to ease my nerves. This situation is definitely one of those where I wish I could easily just shake off my nerves. I mean this could potentially be life changing if somehow some way Liv or I made the team.

"Wow relax we got this. I know you're a great dancer, you know that as well. But when you get your time to shine, shine bright okay?" Liv says as my mom joins us in line.

"Thanks so much Liv!" I give her a hug appreciative to have such an amazing best friend, "You're so supportive. You shine bright too alright!" Liv nods and then we look to my mom who has a face like she wants to say something.

"Okay first off, hand me those clothes you're holding I will put them in my purse. Second, if you girls are nervous just take a deep breath. I know you two are going to do great!"

"Thanks mom, love you." I beam as the doors open. Everyone from the large line had made their way inside and has crowded into a large room where Abby Lee Miller herself is going to make an announcement. Just to be given the opportunity of her presence is surreal for me.

"Attention everyone!" Abby shouts gaining everyone's eyes. "I see we have a lot of talent in here today, and I am looking for an additional member for my Elite Competition Team! I am looking for the ones who have their toes pointed, have amazing facials, and exquisite technique; I am looking for the ones who can put on a show. Maybe it's the little girl over there in the red." She points to a girl on the other side of the room. "Or you there in the purple." She points at Liv. "I don't know." Abby shrugs "We will have to see now won't we. As for if you do make it, you'll be coming back to the ALDC's new studio with me!"