Chapter 70: Back At It

One week later...
Back at the ALDC...
Everyone at the ALDC knew what had happened to Katie and her mom and they all supported them very much. The producers talked to both Katie and Abby and they made it clear they needed to let the viewers know what had happened. Somehow they had convinced Katie and Abby to agree. But it's not like they could decline due to the Lifetime contract.

Abby stood in front of the mirror in studio A. Both the elite and the mini dancers were lined up in front of her. Elite moms on the right of her and Mini moms to left of her.

"Attention ladies we need to get started enough chit chat." Abby halted everyone's conversation. "Im glad to have you all back after break but we need to pick up right where we left off of. So to switch it up we're going to start with the mini's pyramid first."

"On the bottom of the pyramid." Abby pulled off the bottom paper. "Ellie is the newest member to the mini team because before the break not only did Mia decide to leave Alysa's mom messaged me saying she wasn't given good enough choreography to win first place so she basically quit. Ellie would you like to say anything?"

"I'm really excited to join the team and I know I'll make a great addition." Ellie smiled.

"I'm Yolanda Ellie's mom by the way and I know she is going to be a little rockstar on this team." Yolanda explained.

"Okay nice to know." Abby nodded and turned back to the pyramid tearing the paper off. "Alexus; You got second place with the duet. Second place it the first to loose." Abby scolded.

"I mean, can't you just give it to her? Alexus did amazing." Tiffanie rang in.

"She did good. But the judges saw something better. She still lost. No exception."

"She was better." Tiffanie muttered.

Abby ignored it and pulled off the next paper. "Peyton; You are the youngest on my mini team so therefore you are the most inexperienced. You're going to need to start working one hundred times hard to catch up with the other girls."

Peyton nodded peacefully and Abby moved on without interruption. "Next on the pyramid Lilly; I thought you did wonderful in the group routine and you really stood out. Good job kid."

"Thank you." Lilly grinned.

"Now on top of the pyramid, Ari; You did amazing with your solo and you were the first overall junior soloist, congratulations. You danced beautifully in the group and if Mia didn't ruin it I'm sure you would've lead the group to victory. Good job." Abby clapped causing Ari to have a big toothy grin spread across her face.

"Okay let's shift over to the Elite pyramid and we'll do all the assignments at the end." Abby walked over to the elite pyramid and ripped off the bottom paper.

"Jojo. I was not pleased by your performances. You took second with your solo and with your group routine. Maybe all this goofing around on YouTube has lead you to stop caring about dance."

"Well I don't think it's fair I'm on the bottom of the pyramid because clearly I wasn't going to be able to beat Katie. Not even Maddie can beat Katie. But yet you put me up against her. I just don't understand." Jojo explained.

Abby rolled her eyes. "I gave you an opportunity to prove yourself and you blew it. I gave you a chance to show everyone, 'hey I'm better than Maddie and Katie' It's not my fault you couldn't fulfill the position."