Chapter 61: River of Tears

I woke up this morning before Maddie and decided to call my mom. I went into the living room, sat down on the couch, and dialed my moms phone number.

Ring, Ring, Ring. "Hello, this is Amanda Rose and you've reached my voice mail, I'm sorry..." I threw my phone to the other side of the couch and broke down crying. Why isn't she back yet I need to know. I can't just keep brushing off the fact she's not back yet. She needs to be here. I need her here.

I didn't want Abby or Maddie to see me like this. I wiped the tears from my face. I got up from the couch and hunched over clutching my knees with my hands trying to regain emotional stability.

I picked myself up and decided I needed to be strong. I don't want anyone seeing me like this and I certainly don't want anyone feeling bad for me.

I grabbed my phone off the couch then went to the guest bedroom, grabbed some clothes, my makeup bag, and hair supplies trying not to wake Maddie. Then I went to the guest bathroom to take a shower knowing that this would help calm myself down.

The warm water of the shower slid down my skin calming me as I listened to the music playing on my phone from on the bathroom sink.

Before I turned the water off I took a deep breath. Everything's going to be all right.

I chose a black casual romper with white dots to wear. I blow dried my hair then curled it feeling the need to look a bit nicer. Next I did my makeup but just a bit due to the fact I know I'll be dancing at some point of the day.

"Awe that romper is so cute where'd you get it?" Maddie asked already fully dressed in her Nike top and leggings. Her makeup was also done along with her hair. She must've gotten ready while I was in the shower.

"Uh I think Sally Miller? But honestly I have no idea." I laughed in response.

"Well, that's cool." Maddie laughed too.

Abby entered the room all ready for the day. "Oh good you guys are already up. I made Pancakes in the kitchen for you guys."

"Mm yum, thank you." I replied.

We went to the kitchen and ate the Pancakes talking about the most random things. Abby also informed us that we're going to be doing our costume test today. But other than that we get to take regular classes today which I'm pretty happy about.

***

Arriving at the studio, Maddie and I went into the boutique to look around at some new merchandise Abby said they just got. Abby however was in the office doing some paper work or something.

"Awe this is cute." I said pointing to an ALDC bomber jacket.

Maddie turned to look at the jacket, "Awe that is cute!"

"Right!" I agreed as we browsed the boutique.

We browsed the boutique some more before coming out to see classes were beginning. However all the classes going on are for the younger kids and the lower levels.

"Hey Kat, what do you call a pile of cats?" Maddie said reading something off her phone.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know."