Chapter 52: Hello Again

"You okay?" My mom asked after I shut the car door ready to head to the restaurant.

This was the thing about my mom. She knows I like to hide my emotions. "Yeah I'm fine." I replied.

"Katie."

"It's just, hard to see your best friends turn on you so quickly." I fumed with my phone case.

"I know Katie. But if we're going to stick around we're just going to get some thicker skin."

I nodded in agreement avoiding eye contact. This subject certainly wasn't one I liked to talk about.

"It's going to get better eventually. Okay?"

"I guess so." I replied as my mom started up the car.

We drove in an awkward silence until I decided to shatter it. "I can't wait to get my new phone set up." I beamed.

"Yeah, that's pretty cool what do you think of it?"

"Super cool." I replied looking over the phone.

"Now what do you think of being the face of the ALDC bag line?" My moms eyes focused on the road.

"I think it's going to be awesome. Abby probably has some amazing new bags coming out."

"I bet." My mom replied.

The rest of the ride I decided to look through social media. Social media is basically all I do when I have free time.

When we finally arrived at the place we walked into the building. One of workers stood at the front.

"We're with a party." My mom told the lady.

"Do you know the Last name under the reservation?" The lady asked.

"It should be under Miller."

"Ah yes, follow me to the party room." The lady instructed.

She swerved us through the fancy restaurant back to a personal room. Abby, Kalani, Kira, Brynn, Ashley, Nia, and Holly were already seated around the large rectangular table.

"I'll be back to get your drinks after everyone has arrived." The server smiled before exiting the room shutting the door behind her.

I decided to take a seat on one side of Brynn. "Did you girls like your presents?" Abby asked.

We all nodded our heads happily. "I think the girls love them! Abby thank you so much. It means a lot to the girls that you care so much about them." Holly thanked Abby.

"Well your welcome." Abby looked down to her menu.

Maddie and Mackenzie were the next to arrive. Maddie took a seat on the other side of me.

Once everyone arrived the lady brought us our drinks, which I had gotten a cherry limeade. The appetizer of bread and butter was to hard to resist. I just hoped I wouldn't get myself stuffed before I get my main meal.

"Could you take a picture of us?" Jess asked the waiter before he headed back to get the rest of the drinks.

"Sure thing." The waiter replied.