Chapter 37: The Road was Closed

I woke up in the morning and got ready as usual. After getting out of the shower I tossed my brunette hair up in a pony tail. Then picked out a grey t-shirt with my ever so loved, black adidas joggers. I topped my look off with some natural makeup.

While eating breakfast I scrolled through social media. "Wow!"

"What is it?" My mom asked as she ate her breakfast.

"There's like several fan accounts for me! Like twenty!"

"That's so cool, the episodes your in haven't even aired yet."

"I know, this is crazy!" I was extremely shocked.

"Well you better finish getting ready or you know who's going to go crazy if your late." My mom referred to Abby.

I quickly finished getting ready and went outside and sat on one of the concrete steps that led up to my front door.

I was waiting for Jill to come pick me up. Beep! My phone went off so I picked it up and looked to see who it was.

"The road is closed we can't get to you or Maddie! 😬" Kendall texted me.

Maddie and I did live the closest to each other but there has to be some way to get to us, right?

"Seriously! There now at at all!?! 😖" I was shocked as I sent the text.

"If there is we haven't found it yet 😔."

"Wait what about Kenz?"

"She stayed the night with Brynn last night."

"There has to be a way to get to me! There just had to!!!"

"I'm sorry!"

"Abby's going to kill us!!! 😭😱😖" I tapped my foot against the ground impatiently.

"I'm sorry but there is nothing we can do to get to you. Maybe your mom could try to take you?"

"Yeah. I guess so, but I'm still gonna be late 😰"

"Well I wish you and Maddie luck."

"K bye! I need to leave ASAP!"

I put down my phone and got up and burst to the front door.

"Mom we got to go the road is closed they can't get to us!" I shouted to my mom who was in or family room.

"Okay, okay. Calm down." My mom came out to the front room.

I darted into the mud room and grabbed my moms purse. I handed it to her and we rushed out to the garage.

"They couldn't get to Maddie either." I told my mom as I slammed the car door shut.

My mom raised an eyebrow as she buckled her seatbelt. "That's... Strange."

I thought to myself. It did seem strange. I did live the closest to Maddie. But we still lived in different neighborhoods. How could the road be closed for the both of us?