Chapter 10: Ballerinas and Ballerinos

When we got into studio B we lined up in front of Abby.

"Girls as you may have known I have been wanting to do some partner ballet. So I have invited some special guest to help you guys." Abby said happily.

All of us were smiling and happy to get to meet the special guest. However I knew Kendall was happy in a different way.

"Boys!" Abby called out.

The connecting door opened and the boys walked in. They were all wearing Red ALDC LA shirts with black shorts.

"Meet our guest, they're Straight outta Pittsburg." Abby said in a happy tone.

The boys walked into the room and stood up by Abby."

"Okay I'm going to pair you guys up according to height."

Abby looked at a clip board she was holding. "Boys go stand next to your partner when I call your name." Abby Began to read from a list.

"James and Mackenzie."

"Jack and Maddie."

"Nick and Katie."

"Thomas and Jojo."

"Kyle and Nia."

"Sam and Kendall."

"Okay that's it." Abby said looking up from the list.

By now all the boys were matched up with one of us. Nick had brown hair and blue eyes. He was kind of cute, but I couldn't.

"Okay, we're going to be working on Pas de deux's." Abby paused. "Anyone remember what a Pas de deux is?"

Kyle, Nia's partner raised his hand. "Yes?" Abby said pointing to Kyle.

"When two dancers, usually a female and a male dance together." Kyle said.

"Yes that is correct, which leads me to my next surprise." Abby said. "In three weeks the ALDC is going to be doing a ballet group routine." Everyone cheered and clapped excitedly.

"That being said for the next two weeks  you guys will be taking a ballet class everyday leading up to the week the competition." Everyone cheered once again.

"Now hold on, there's a catch." Abby said. Everyone went silent again. "For the next two weeks we will be working on Pas de Deuxes specifically. I'm going to be picking the the best pair of partners and they will get to be featured in the group dance."

"So without further wait lets get started." Abby said happily.

The class was lots of fun, ballet was always one of my favorite style of dance aside from lyrical.

"Okay let's start working on some lifting!" Abby said excitedly.

"Girls I want you to go on pointé and do a arabesque." Abby paused while we followed her instructions. "Boys hold the girls by there upper leg and wrap your arms around their supporting leg." Abby instructed.

Nick lifted me up off the ground while I was in an arabesque. I had never danced like this with a boy before but I thought it was kind of fun being lifted of the ground.