Chapter 28: Breakdowns

I sat next to Maddie on the bus super excited to greet the fans waiting at the door. I knew Sarah, Christy, and Gia were probably just waiting in the dressing room.

As the bus moved Maddie, Mackenzie and I put on our ALCC LA jackets. We also put our matching black adidas joggers on.

I was getting a bit nervous. What if we ran into Debbie Allen? She certainly wouldn't snack talk, but would the moms say anything? Oh if we lost against them, Abby would kick our butts. She may even kick me off the team! Would she really do that? I didn't want to find out.

As we pulled up to the competition, of course the amazing fans were lined up outside. I put my duffle bag on my back and followed Abby off the bus.

Shortly following behind were the moms. The crowd waved to us and chanted our names. I smiled and waved as we walked past. We were once again being recorded.

As always Gia had already checked us in so we got to go straight to the dressing room.

We got into the dressing room and Sarah and Christy were setting up the makeup table they were borrowing. Gia was helping them set it up.

"Hey!" Gia said as a we walked into the dressing room.

"Hey." Maddie, Mackenzie and I said at different times.

We had to wait a bit for them to bring our makeup/hair suitcases from off the bus.

"The solos are first, so after we get the suitcases you will get to see the costumes for the solos." Abby told us as we waited for the luggage.

I couldn't wait to find out what my costume looked like. However I would have to wait even longer to find out what the group costumes were.

Eventually several men brought our makeup suitcases and set them up for us. As well as they brought Abby's suitcase that had all the costumes in it.

Abby grabbed the suit case and opened it. She walked behind the sign and laid out the costumes so no one could see them.

"Soloist get changed." Abby said as she walked from out behind the sign. We anxiously sped walked behind the sign.

There were three costumes. The covers were around the costumes and I grabbed the one that had my initials; KR on it. Maddie grabbed the one that said MZ, and Mackenzie grabbed the one that said Mack.

After getting changed we looked at each others costumes.

Mackenzie was wearing black and white striped leggings with a black bra top.

Maddie was wearing a loose black dress with black booty shorts underneath.

"You look like a gangster!" I said jokingly to Mackenzie.

"Shut up." She said to me jokingly.

"Watch your language!" Maddie jokingly replied to Mackenzie.

"Gangsters don't watch their language." Mackenzie joked crossing her arms and making a gangster impression.

The three of us laughed. "Girls stop joking around!" Abby yelled from the other side of the sign.