Chapter 46

Austin's POV

I'm backstage at Raw for the first time in seven weeks after what CM Punk did to me at the Royal Rumble. He had just retained the title last week after defending it against AJ Styles. He was going to be having open mic time tonight, and I'm going to crash it.

CM Punk was out there with microphone in hand. "Whether you people like it or not or whether you know it or not you deserve better.  You need a strong leader that's gonna carry the banner of the WWE Championship with honor. What you people need is a straight edge WWE champion. And if you're not straight edge like me, well, that just means that I'm better than you." He said looking at the camera. After that they played my music and I walked out. He looked surprised to see me. "Relax I'm not here to fight." "As a matter of fact man, see that's where I believe you don't know if you can beat me. That's the question that burns inside of both of us. You don't know who the better wrestler is. Is it you? Or is it me? After this Sunday, man, you won't be the best in the world anymore. People will call me the best because I beat you!" "I don't drink. I don't smoke. I don't do drugs, I don't ever plan on doing it. And all you have to do it look in my eyes and realise that I have laughed in the face of temptation time and time again. Look at me man." He said. "I'm harder than any alcohol you can drink. I'm straighter than any line you can snort up your nose. And I certainly can hurt you alot faster than any pill you can put on your tongue." "Nah man. I am beating those demons. I am overcoming those obstacles." "A guy like you can never beat me. I'm straight edge. I also know you better than you know yourself. I know what you are going to do before you even do it." "There is one thing that you should know about me Punk. You should know that every obstacle that was put in front of me, I have overcome." "I'm walking out Sunday as the WWE champion. And there is nobody in the world who will beat me at Wrestlemania." "Maybe you're right man. Maybe I can't beat you. But what if I can?" "You won't. I will beat your ass and walk out still WWE champion, because I am still the best in the world!" "You want to put your money where your mouth is? How about this. How about we wrestle at Wrestlemania in a match that you and I are both comfortable with. How about we do Austin Thomas vs CM Punk at Wrestlemania in a Extreme Rules match!" "You want an Extreme Rules match? You got it. This just gives me more motivation to put an end to you!" He said as he threw the mic down and held the title up. 

Shane came up to me when I got to the back. "Are you sure you want this match? Are you fully healed?" "I want this match. I am fully healed. That son of a bitch is going to regret doing that to me, and he damn sure is going to regret doing that to AJ." "Ok you got it. I know you will take that title from him. Nobody deserves what you and AJ got." "You're damn right I will make him pay for that."