Chapter 22 Wrestlemania Part 2

Austin's POV

I know that voice anywhere. "Phillip Brooks." "I heard that you got a title match tonight. I invested in a plane ticket to come here." He said smiling at me. "Are you seriously going to pretend that nothing ever happened between us before I left?" "No. I wanted to take a chance to bury the hatchet. My marriage is falling apart, man." "Dude, I can't do this right now. We'll talk after my match. Just do me a favor, and stay away from AJ." He nodded and walked off. "Well that was awkward." Sasha said turning to me. "I never thought that he would come all the way over here just for that. I really hope that he is not trying to screw me over tonight." "You can't worry about that. Just get your mind on the match and on Rusev. He's too dangerous not to have your entire focus on." "I guess you're right. You know exactly how to calm me down. What would I do without you?" I said as I gave her a kiss on the nose. She shrugged and we both went in.

Rusev demanded to go out first so he was already out there as I made my entrance. I high fived a few fans before climbing into the ring myself. The bell rang and I went right after him. Hitting him with clothesline after clothesline. I then got him up and hit him with a swinging neckbreaker and went for the cover but he kicked out at two. I got him up and bounced him off the ropes and tried to hit a back body drop but he kicked me in the head and he punched me a few times. It barely fazed me, I did a latino heat dance move as he tried to punch me again but I reversed it and came after him hitting him with punch after punch and then finally a jumping DDT. I then went up to the top, and tried to hit him with a Frog Splash but he got out of the way at the last second. He then stomped on my back and got me in The Accolade. I was in it for a good two minutes before I finally snapped out of the daze that he had me in and fought my way out of the hold. I then got him in position for the Anaconda Vice, but it only took him a few seconds to fight his way out. He then got me up and hit me with a wicked jumping superkick. He then stomped on my back again and got me in the Accolade. I almost passed out to that crippling hold, but I somehow managed to get to a vertical base and backed him into a corner and he let go of his grip. He was in the corner for a few seconds so I ran back in it and hit him with a Stinger Splash. I then got him in position for the Dirty Deeds, but he reversed it and hit me with a body slam. He then went up to the middle rope, and tried to hit me with a diving headbutt, but I got out of the way and locked in the Anaconda Vice right away. I kneed him in the head a few times and he tapped out. The ref handed me the title and Rusev was tearing up the ringside area. I pointed at him and laughed. I went up to the middle rope and held the title up. I put the title down on the mat and got down on one knee to try to take all of this in. I was getting a standing ovation, I honestly don't know why. I went to the back and the first one to come up to me was Sasha. I pulled her close and hugged her tightly. "It's your turn. Go out there and take the title." I said as I had my forehead against hers. She nodded and I kissed her on the lips before she went out. "Yo can we talk?" I heard from behind me. "Yeah Punk, I just want to watch Sasha's match." I said as I laid the title down on the table. He nodded and walked up beside me to watch with me.  

Sasha put up a hell of a fight, but it ended with her coming up short in the end. She got to the back and I could tell that she was fighting off tears. She came right up to me and hugged me tightly. "It's ok baby girl." I put my fingers under her chin and made her look at me. "You guys tore the house down tonight. You'll get another chance. Come on." I said taking her hand and pulling her back toward the locker room. I motioned for Punk to follow. I got Sasha in my locker room and I went outside to talk to Punk. "So what did you want to talk about?" I asked as we got to the parking lot. "Like I said before I want to bury the hatchet. I want things to go back to the way they were." "I want nothing more than that. I just need to know that something like that is not going to happen again. I mean you see my girlfriend in there. I mean I love AJ, but not like that." "It means alot to hear you say that. Brothers once again?" "Brothers once again." I said giving him a fist bump. We went back in and Ambrose came up to us. "Dude, you should have saw it. Roman utterly dismantled Bray out there. He was taken out in an ambulance!" "That's awesome!" I said as Roman came up to us. He seems tired as hell. "Did you see that?" He asked me. "No, but Ambrose told me all about it." He smirked. "That's what he gets for going after my brothers girl." He said giving me a fist bump. I headed back to the locker room after that, to find Sasha sleeping. I smiled and threw a blanket over her. I don't know why I had a blanket. 

Everyone else got done with their matches and we headed back. AJ is still kind of pissed at Punk, and it did not help that he somehow got a room right next to ours. But whatever, I'll deal with all this in the morning. I need to get some sleep.