Chapter 72

Austin's POV

I was getting ready for my match with Broken Matt Hardy, when Bayley came to talk to me. "How ya doing?" I sighed. "I won't lie Bayley. I'm nervous as hell. The entire company rests on my shoulders. If I can't beat Broken Matt Hardy, we're all fucked." She hugged me. "It'll be alright. You got the entire locker room behind you. You'll get it done tonight." I smiled at that. "Thanks Bayley. I'll see you later, I have to head to the curtain." She nodded and gave me one last hug before letting me leave. 

I was watching on the screen as Matt Hardy started a delete chant. I then heard my music play and I walked out. I really wanted to attack him right away but I kept my cool. I soon as I heard the bell ring, I went crazy. I hit him with a Lou Thez press right away. I then got him up and hit him with a wicked chop. He landed down in the corner and I hit him with a missile dropkick. I covered but he kicked out at one. I then went up to the second rope as he was getting up. When he got up, I hit him with another missile dropkick. I then rolled out on the apron. As he was getting up, I tried to hit him with a springboard clothesline but he caught me and hit me with a side effect. He covered but I kicked out at one. He then got me up and brought me over to the corner. He then slammed my head off of the top turnbuckle multiple times while saying "Delete!". He stopped and I was dazed. He then tried to hit me with a twist of fate but I got out of it and hit him with a codebreaker. I covered but he kicked out at two. I then got him up and hit him with a springboard crossbody. I covered but he again kicked out at two. I then went into the corner and called for a spear. I ran at him but he reversed and hit me with a wicked twist of fate. He covered but I kicked out at two. He then started a delete chant again. When I got up, he tried to hit me with another twist of fate, but I got out of it and hit him with a jumping neckbreaker. I covered but he kicked out at two. I then got him up and put him on the top rope. I then hit him with a superplex and then a falcon arrow. I covered but he again kicked out two. I'm getting frustrated. He's taking whatever I'm throwing at him and then some. He's still coming at me. I the got him up, kicked him in the stomach, and hit him with a stunner. I covered but he kicked out at two. I then went to the top rope and hit him with an elbow drop. I then called for a Last Call Superkick, but he ducked and hit me with another twist of fate. He covered but I kicked out at the last second. There is nobody sitting in this arena. He tried to get me up but I hit him with a european uppercut. I then hit him with a scorpion death drop and covered but he kicked out at two. I then got him up and put him in the corner. I tried to hit him with a stinger splash, but he got out of the way. While I was dazed he hit me with another side effect. He covered but I kicked out. He then got me up and put me on the top rope. He then hit me with a twist of fate off the top rope. He was exhausted and so was I. It took him a while to finally drape his arm over me. The ref counted to two and I somehow kicked out. He then got me up and tried to hit me with another side effect but I elbowed him in the head. He let me go and I hit him with a twist of fate myself. I covered but he kicked out again. My heart is beating out of my chest. I then picked him up and hit him with a spinebuster. I then went to the top and tried to hit him with a frog splash but he got out of the way and I went ribs first into the canvas. He hit me another twist of fate and the ref counted the slow 1,2 and I somehow kicked out. Matt went on arguing with the ref and when he turned around I hit him with a wicked Last Call Superkick. I then went to the top and hit a frog splash. I was way too tired to do a normal cover, so I just draped my arm over him and that was enough to get the three count. I had never been so happy to hear my music play. I smiled when I saw that the entire WWE locker room was heading down with huge smiles on their faces. Dean and Roman then put me on their shoulders. When I got let down, I hugged pretty much the entire roster until I got to Sasha, Bayley, and Becky. We all then shared a group hug. "I knew you could do it. You were nervous for nothing." Bayley said in my ear. Man I have the best support system around. I don't know what I would do without them.