Chapter 86: Church

Chapter 86: Church

Colton's POV

*One Week Later*

I had agreed to go to church with Sarah. If it was important to her, I would go. 

"AGH!" I screamed, collapsing onto my floor.

"What? What's wrong?" My dad asked, running into my room. "Colton, why the hell are your clothes all over the floor."

"I CAN'T FIND ANYTHING TO WEAR!" I exclaimed, laying down.

"What are you looking for?"

"Sarah invited me to go to church with her and I want to look nice but I don't have nice clothes!" I stressed. My dad sighed and started sorting through the piles of clothes all over my floor. He grabbed my black work slacks and a black button up shirt.

"Here." He said.

"Oh." I said. "Thanks." He rolled his his eyes with a chuckle and left.

***

The next morning, I got up super early. Sarah told me she was going to pick me up at 9:30 so I wanted to make sure I was ready. I got dressed and ran a brush through my hair. I brushed my teeth and put on plain black converse since I didn't have nice shoes.

Sarah texted me that she was here and I ran out of the house, everyone still asleep. I saw her parents' car outside and smiled as I walked out and got into the backseat.

"Hello Colton, you look nice." Her mom complimented.

"Thank you." I said as I buckled my seat belt. Sarah grabbed my hand and I smiled. Her parents drove us to church and parked in the parking lot. It was fairly small for a church but there were a lot of cars in the parking lot. We got out and walked in. I took a moment to look around. I hadn't really been in a church before so it was interesting just looking around. We walked into a large room with a sign over the doorway that read 'sanctuary'. There were two door greeters who handed us each a bulletin with the church's name and logo on the front. We sat in the first few pews and I looked around a bit as people filed in.

Many people came over to us and I was introduced as Sarah's boyfriend. They all asked a few questions and told me how nice it was to see me.

Finally, the music started and the pastors began to walk to the front of the church. The candles were lit, the music stopped and the service began.

"Good morning." One of the pastors greeted, standing in front of everybody.

"Good morning." The congregation replied.

***

"Go in peace. Serve the Lord." The same pastor who greeted everybody said at the end of the service.

"Thanks be to God." The congregation replied as the music began again and people started gathering their things. Sarah grabbed my hand as we followed her parents to get in line to greet the pastors.

"See, that wasn't so bad." Sarah smiled at me.

"No, it wasn't." I shrugged. She leaned over and kissed my cheek. We finally made it to the front of the line and her parents shook hands with the pastors.

"We brought Sarah's boyfriend with us today." Her mom said.

"Oh hello." The older pastor smiled at me, shaking my hand.

"What's your name?" The younger pastor asked, shaking my hand.

"Colton."

"It's nice to meet you Colton." He smiled as I walked off with Sarah's family. They drove me back home and Sarah walked me up to my door.

"Thank you so much for coming today Colton, you don't know how much this means to me." She said, hugging me.

"Anytime." I smiled, hugging her back.

"What about next week?" She asked.

"Sounds good." I smiled and kissed her lips. "See you tomorrow at school?"

"Yeah. I love you." She said as she ran back to her parents car.

"I love you too." I called as I walked back into my house. I went straight up to my room and went to sleep. I'm not used to waking up that early on a weekend.

******************************************************************************

15 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER