Heart Work

“Don't despair too much if you see beautiful things destroyed, if you see them perish. Because the best things are always growing in secret.” Ben Okri

It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed. Deuteronomy 31:8

Assurance: “a positive declaration intended to give confidence; a promise” New Oxford American Dictionary

Daniel Ruettiger was five feet five inches tall, weighed 165 pounds, suffered from dyslexia, and was perpetually reminded of what he couldn't do. But he had a dream that was bigger than what anybody thought he could achieve. He wanted to go to school at the University of Notre Dame and he wanted to play football there. His poor academic abilities meant he had to attend Holy Cross College and was rejected three times by Notre Dame. His size and lack of athletic ability made it impossible for him to get a sports scholarship there as well. But his heart made up for what he lacked in academic and athletic ability. He worked so hard in the classroom at Holy Cross that he was eventually accepted into Notre Dame and worked so hard on the tryout field that he was able to make the practice squad for Notre Dame Football. Eventually his hard work lead to him playing in the last two plays in the last game of his college football career. For all his hard work he got to suite up for one game and play in two plays. But at the end of that game he became the first player to ever be carried off the Notre Dame field by his teammates and to this day there have only been two. Today “Rudy” works as a motivational speaker and is involved in helping student athletes through the Rudy foundation. He gives Rudy awards based on his four C's “courage, character, commitment, and contribution.” His story also inspired one of the most inspiring movies of all time “Rudy.” Hard work and character may not always get us exactly what we want, but we can be assured it will always be recognized in one way or another. Whenever we feel we aren't getting anywhere in life, let's remember Rudy, and what he has accomplished through his four C's and hard work, or should I say heart work.

Daily Journaling Questions:

How did I helps someone in kindness today?

What did I learn today?

What am I thankful for?

Who did I love today?

What am I dreaming of?

What about today do I want to remember forever?

What are my goals for tomorrow?

Thanks for reading.

Jake

P.S. What do you think this world could be like if more people put their heart into everything they did?